Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Recording TV Programmes

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Whatever happened to that system where each programme had a unique number reference that you used to record that programme whatever time it started? (Can't remember the name).

I use a TiVo box that sets the recording by time - 1 minute before and 1 after the scheduled time but it therefore doesn't take into consideration late or early running programmes.

The number of times I've had to go to catchup to view the ending of a recorded programme is annoying.

Yoda

English & European
Whatever happened to that system where each programme had a unique number reference that you used to record that programme whatever time it started? (Can't remember the name).

I use a TiVo box that sets the recording by time - 1 minute before and 1 after the scheduled time but it therefore doesn't take into consideration late or early running programmes.

The number of times I've had to go to catchup to view the ending of a recorded programme is annoying.

VideoPlus+? ??? I haven't used that since VHS became null and void.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
You can set the time to be more than 1 minute .... up to ten minutes rings a bell. I'd check but the kids are playing Just Dance right now.

Last edited:

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Bit of a blast from the past!

I used to record Match Of The Day and The Championship on ITV nearly every Saturday night and then not watch them until Sunday evening after going out and having a comedown for most of the day. Weird because I had Sky around that time as well ten years ago. Teletext was still about.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
I had a Betamax recorder - better than Vhs but still died a death.
Now I have a Tivo that records loads of crap that I don't want :moo:

KJP

Mar 2, 2011
Goring-by-Sea
What annoys me is if you are recording things one after another on the same channel, it uses two of the tuners

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here