Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sky 10 in 10 Coach

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Not sure on the "who", but I think the "why" is that Holloway got himself a job so they had to come up with an idea to make use of the coach.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Googling it Sky mention him 'moving on'. Presuming the 'roadies' move from match to match surely they'd have been better rebranding a tour bus for the 10 days to put up the crew.
Must have been a long drive overnight. Birmingham to Brighton, arrive 11pm. Back to Villa, 4 am. Pick up Villa fans for QPR 10:30 arrival.

Jimmehh

Mar 21, 2016
Sussex by the Sea
I got to ride on it. Basically, Sky wanted to take some fans on their coach to away games, so they offered it out. Seagulls Travel were the ones who asked, and as I was booked to be picked up from the AMEX, I was offered the choice of going on the different coach.

All in all, was a good choice, Sky sports to watch all the highlights of the game afterwards, as well as free hot drinks etc.

Didn't cost anything else extra either.

There should be an interview with myself in the next programme so have a read :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jimmehh

Mar 21, 2016
Sussex by the Sea
Googling it Sky mention him 'moving on'. Presuming the 'roadies' move from match to match surely they'd have been better rebranding a tour bus for the 10 days to put up the crew.
Must have been a long drive overnight. Birmingham to Brighton, arrive 11pm. Back to Villa, 4 am. Pick up Villa fans for QPR 10:30 arrival.

I believe they said yesterday that they have two of the coaches, so the same one wasn't used for getting the Villa fans down to QPR this morning

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
I got to ride on it. Basically, Sky wanted to take some fans on their coach to away games, so they offered it out. Seagulls Travel were the ones who asked, and as I was booked to be picked up from the AMEX, I was offered the choice of going on the different coach.

All in all, was a good choice, Sky sports to watch all the highlights of the game afterwards, as well as free hot drinks etc.

There should be an interview with myself in the next programme so have a read :)

So, seagulls travel charged you to go on a free sky coach to Birmingham?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I saw it going down Windmill Drive (?) in Hove about 9.45 when I was on my way back to Burgess Hill, looked as though they were looking for an address. Liam was sat with the driver. Also drove past it on the way back, somewhere on the M25.

super-seagulls

Soup! Why didn’t I get any Soup?
Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!

Did you sit on a sofa during the game, and have a pizza at half time, or is that a different 'thing'?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Liam Rosenior was on it I believe. Legend that man!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Liam Rosenior was on it I believe. Legend that man!

Definitely - in the front when I went past in the opposite direction. Also seen some stuff on Twitter and facebook where he's playing FIFA on the X box with those lucky enough to be on it. Also saw Liam and the crew at Oxford Services on the way up. He was eating a salad, the rest of the media crew had burgers [emoji106]

Jimmehh

Mar 21, 2016
Sussex by the Sea
Definitely - in the front when I went past in the opposite direction. Also seen some stuff on Twitter and facebook where he's playing FIFA on the X box with those lucky enough to be on it. Also saw Liam and the crew at Oxford Services on the way up. He was eating a salad, the rest of the media crew had burgers [emoji106]

He was on it during trip up, but went back with the team on journey home.

Was great to be able to have a chat with a current player. Gave great insight to why players do what they do, and also on important games like Boro last season and how the players felt. Apparently they knew something would happen cause Mike Dean acted like they didn't exist, whilst saying Hi to all the Boro players... Odd

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Two of my friends where on it, they go to (almost) every away match so IMO deserved to travel in luxury for a change rather than driving themselves

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Sky missed a big commercial opportunity - a one-off deal to watch all the 10 in 10 coach matches, whether on Sky, Virgin or whatever, could have attracted thousands of fans of Championship clubs, if it had been priced right.

tomfitz12

CTRL+W to change this
Nov 25, 2012
southwick
Sky missed a big commercial opportunity - a one-off deal to watch all the 10 in 10 coach matches, whether on Sky, Virgin or whatever, could have attracted thousands of fans of Championship clubs, if it had been priced right.

I got to watch them all for free on SkyMix? Do you mean it shouldn't have been free or should have been more available?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here