Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
pinch-of-salt.jpg

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
We are always linked with him...

I suspect this is just one of dozens of players we are about to linked with ...

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Decent player if we can get him for the right price. Presumably would be signed as a forward rather than a winger if we got him.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
He is a very decent alternate to Baldock.

Can't see Derby letting him go tbh. If they did, it would be admitting they don't think they can catch us.

However, we are fast reaching the point where the balance of risk/advantage suggests we should invest in a top, top striker that could play in the PL. I know, I know, everyone wants those and it's thrice as difficult to land them in January, but we know TB works on small margins of advantage. The true risk would be that the wages we would have to pay would threaten our unbelievable unity and team spirit. But, it's worth contemplating.

PG

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I would think another winger is bottom of our shopping list.

What this tells me is that Murphy has a reoccurring groin injury and we cannot rely on him. If Murphy was fit I am sure he would be picked ahead of Skalak. Hughton has to be careful with March, and we need cover for him and Knockeart if an injury occurs. This position signing would make perfect sense to cover our ar5es, and if he has a better footballing brain than Skalak he will be above him in selection.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
There is more chance of Dick Knight starting up top against QPR than there is signing Hughes.

Hughes last signed a contract extension with Derby in 2014 and his contract expires in 2018. Near impossible to land him in the approaching window but think there's a good chance of him moving on in the summer to a side in the Premiership for a hefty fee.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here