Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

QPR v Villa

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
A minutes applause before the game "for all those connected with the clubs who have left us this year"

Getting a bit much all this, isn't it ?

theboybilly

Indeed, something like Shoreham (or indeed the Croydon tram crash) I can understand. But apart from that or the passing a major figure connected with the club I do think this incessant mawkishness is getting out of hand. We even had Albion fans (who had lost a relative last year and had a minute's apllause then) wanting another minutes applause on what would have been his birthday! I sympathise but these are personal things

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
I might invent a new game where the opposing teams try to out clap each other for 90 mins and then intersperse it with outbreaks of football on certain dedicated minutes to remember those who played football without being interrupted by dedicated rounds of applause.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Think I'm after a Villa win here:

1. Another hit to QPR confidence before we play them
2. Keep Villa interested and gunning for our competition

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008

QPR definitely for me. Don't want Calderwood to get anything or Villa to get any momentum at all. If we're in the play offs they would be extremely strong. Plus Bruce is a git. Plus teams don't normally lose 5 or 6 games narrowly in this league in a row. Apr will be due a flakey point soon I'd rather it today and not 27th

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
QPR definitely for me. Don't want Calderwood to get anything or Villa to get any momentum at all. If we're in the play offs they would be extremely strong. Plus Bruce is a git. Plus teams don't normally lose 5 or 6 games narrowly in this league in a row. Apr will be due a flakey point soon I'd rather it today and not 27th

Agreed. And I think Villa will spend big in January and, with their current squad, so could put together a run of ten wins in a row that might bring them back into the play off hunt. I wouldn't want to face them in the play offs if we didn't end up top two.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath

Almost agree with this. I actually don't give a crap about this particular game, but the more points villa can take off Reading, Leeds, Hudds, Derby, Massive and Fulham the better.

Spending big in January won't help them catch us now as they're too far behind already. Their squad is full of expensive dross that they can't sell, they're not going to turn into world beaters overnight.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Same old Jedinak.

"A urm, robust, challenge for Mile Jedinak.

Head down, foot coming through and leading with the arm, he catches Nedum Onuoha on the leg as he tries to clear and is the first one in the book."

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here