Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tears

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
'79 was massive for me. 24 years old and had been to nearly every home and away for 5 seasons. On that day in May up at Newcastle I consumed a lot too much alcohol.
At Birmingham, as that late winner went in, I stood and bawled my eyes out. Tears gushing down my face. As I looked around I could see others wiping away a little droplets as well.
God help us if or when the inevitable happens, we're all going to have an emotional breakdown.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
'79 was massive for me. 24 years old and had been to nearly every home and away for 5 seasons. On that day in May up at Newcastle I consumed a lot too much alcohol.
At Birmingham, as that late winner went in, I stood and bawled my eyes out. Tears gushing down my face. As I looked around I could see others wiping away a little droplets as well.
God help us if or when the inevitable happens, we're all going to have an emotional breakdown.

Reached sixty this year and I find myself reminiscing a bit too much lately :cry:
I've got into more trouble in the last five years than in the previous forty :p

Mayonaise

May 25, 2014
Haywards Heath
If you didn't care so much then you haven't been there in the first place so nothing wrong with that.

I think this class of 2016-17 are a really special group and that includes the fans enjoying it too.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

As I posted on another thread . . . not since Plymouth away (promotion day) whe I stood with my lad on the terrace, have I had 'something in my eye' at the football.... and I was watching yesterday's game on the tellybox! Goodness knows what it will be like if we cross the line this season (and if, unlike yesterday, we actually play well on the day). Anyway, you're even older than me, so pull yourself together, you great big wet lettuce poof! :wave::lolol:

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
What is it with this emotional out pouring at the drop of a hat (or a stoppage time winner). Where has the stiff upper lip gone surely not consigned to to history.
Yes go bananas when we win in the fashion that we did yesterday but please no tears. What would the children think about grown men crying.

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
It's a special season. Just enjoy it regardless, as we know that very few seasons will be like this one.

Yesterday was not the best performance for almost 70 mins (and Birmingham playing reasonably well was part of that), but the competitive spirit in the squad is stronger than I've seen since the Adams era and they look like they want to play for the fans, the manager and each other and that is going to make a lot of difference come May.

March coming back so strongly is superb. From the minute he came on he had the beating of Birmingham's players and made it look effortless going past some of them. If he can stay injury free now, we have got one hell of a team.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
What is it with this emotional out pouring at the drop of a hat (or a stoppage time winner). Where has the stiff upper lip gone surely not consigned to to history.
Yes go bananas when we win in the fashion that we did yesterday but please no tears. What would the children think about grown men crying.

Agree. Pathetic really. I suspect it's another symptom of the narcissistic society we've become.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
Im away on hoilday last week of March to second week in April, ( missing 5 games)I dont know if I want us to go up early and miss it or wait until the last 2 games when Im back.

I think I would rather see us go up comfortably ........even if I miss it and see the last 3 games

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
If you didn't care so much then you haven't been there in the first place so nothing wrong with that.

I think this class of 2016-17 are a really special group and that includes the fans enjoying it too.

Spot on

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here