Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Board Games

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I know there was a thread on here a while back about board games but a search brought up nothing.

I am looking for a game to get my 12-year-old for Christmas, He is not keen on fantasy type things but i think he would enjoy something a little complex. I have been recommended Carcassone and Settlers of Catan and I like the fact that they have lots of expansion sets so the game can grow with him.

He is very interested in history so I was wondering about games set in real historical times?

Does anyone have any recommendations of something to look into?

Cheers

BF

Last edited:

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Not historical. But pandemic is a great game.

Players play together to stop viruses spreading across the planet. The rules are fairly complex but not so much that you need to keep referring back to a game manual every five minutes bets played with 4 or 5 players as each player has a slightly different role in the game.

super-seagulls

Soup! Why didn’t I get any Soup?
Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!
I know there was a thread on here a while back about board games but a search brought up nothing.

I am looking for a game to get my 12-year-old for Christmas, He is not keen on fantasy type things but i think he would enjoy something a little complex. I have been recommended Carcassone and Settlers of Catan and I like the fact that they have lots of expansion sets so the game can grow with him.

He is very interested in history so I was wondering about games set in real historical times?

Does anyone have any recommendations of something to look into?

Cheers

BF

Does he like Horrible history?

IMG_0189.PNG

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Not historical. But pandemic is a great game.

Players play together to stop viruses spreading across the planet. The rules are fairly complex but not so much that you need to keep referring back to a game manual every five minutes bets played with 4 or 5 players as each player has a slightly different role in the game.

Cheers I will have a look.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I always enjoyed Risk. Diplomacy may be a little too much for a 12 year old but is a good strategy game.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I always enjoyed Risk. Diplomacy may be a little too much for a 12 year old but is a good strategy game.

I will get risk for the family but wanted something else too.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Monopoly? ???

Shatner's Bassoon

The Puff Pastry Hangman
Feb 12, 2012

I used to love Diplomacy, and am pretty sure I played it at that age. Great game, if you like that sort of thing.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
We used to play 'kingmaker' at that age a lot. Brilliant game and also taught me loads of War of the Roses history that I can remember lots of to this day!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here