Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

are we having our 'blip'?

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
This time last year we lost our way and struggled to regain our form. A year later and we are struggling to play the efficient, clinical game we expect. Makes me think that this IS our blip and once everything slots back in to place we'll put on some performances that'll really get the juices flowing.
The positive is that even off form we're winning ☺

larus

This time last year we lost our way and struggled to regain our form. A year later and we are struggling to play the efficient, clinical game we expect. Makes me think that this IS our blip and once everything slots back in to place we'll put on some performances that'll really get the juices flowing.
The positive is that even off form we're winning ☺

I don't think we've been as good as we were since the last international break. However, we've had 2 draws and won the others, so it can't be that bad. I think AK has also been off form too (understandably), but I hope the goal will help him.
Also, which Solly back now it's another option for CH.

Here's to a successful Xmas period. If we beat QPR, we'll be 51 points from 23 games. That's astounding really when you look at the list of clubs in this league.

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
This time last year we were staggering towards the end of an unbeaten run during which we lost, to my mind 6 first team players. These included Solly March, Lua Lua both left backs and the rest I forget. This year is so different but I understand the sentiment because this time of the year fills me with horror usually. Today has lifted my spirits so much that I dare to believe that this is our time. I can hardly believe that most of the squad are fit for a start. This is our time I tells yeh!

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
This time last year we were staggering towards the end of an unbeaten run during which we lost, to my mind 6 first team players. These included Solly March, Lua Lua both left backs and the rest I forget. This year is so different but I understand the sentiment because this time of the year fills me with horror usually. Today has lifted my spirits so much that I dare to believe that this is our time. I can hardly believe that most of the squad are fit for a start. This is our time I tells yeh!

You're right and we actually had 7 first team injuries at one point in December last year. We are holding onto leads, and coming back from behind this season.

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
Being an inplay football tipster I keep a close eye on the stats when am not actually at the game. So I keep a very close eye on inplay stats. My opinion is the Albion have not been as dominant in games ever since Knocky lost his dad. For this reason I was delighted he managed to get his 1st goal since then and has dedicated to his dad. Am hoping this give his own form the re ignition needed. This along with March's good performance tonight. And returns from injury for Kayal and Rosenior should keep that strength in depth and competition for places vibrant.
Strange thing to say after 15 games unbeaten but I do actually think we can play much better and do believe despite that run we are having that 'blip'.. !! Frightening quality in the team right now.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
This isn't a blip.

We weren't free-flowing, we weren't expansive, but by christ we were effective. We are so SO hard to break down. Birmingham barely had a worthy effort on goal, and it took a truly outstanding header to breach us. After that, we rolled our sleeves up for the last 20 minutes, and we all saw what happened.

This team has SO many ways to win a game. We can demolish teams (Narch), we can squeak through tight games without playing well (Wigan), we can get outplayed and still find a way back to win (Fulham), we can completely outclass teams on their own patch (Bristol), we can trade blows and come out on top (Blackburn), and today we can be losing in the 82nd minute away from home and STILL win the bloody thing. We nearly always find a way. After the experience of last season, we are BATTLE-HARDENED. We don't know when we're beat.

Its not going to get better than this. I'm savouring every moment of this season, its just epic stuff.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
This isn't a blip.

We weren't free-flowing, we weren't expansive, but by christ we were effective. We are so SO hard to break down. Birmingham barely had a worthy effort on goal, and it took a truly outstanding header to breach us. After that, we rolled our sleeves up for the last 20 minutes, and we all saw what happened.

This team has SO many ways to win a game. We can demolish teams (Narch), we can squeak through tight games without playing well (Wigan), we can get outplayed and still find a way back to win (Fulham), we can completely outclass teams on their own patch (Bristol), we can trade blows and come out on top (Blackburn), and today we can be losing in the 82nd minute away from home and STILL win the bloody thing. We nearly always find a way. After the experience of last season, we are BATTLE-HARDENED. We don't know when we're beat.

Its not going to get better than this. I'm savouring every moment of this season, its just epic stuff.

Hear, hear and not a yellow card in sight.

Shuggie

Sep 19, 2003
East Sussex coast
Some blip!

Some blip small.png

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Wow. 5 teams averaging over two points a game over last ten games.

We need 43 points from 24 games, so 1.79 a game. 91 will be definitely be enough if ouR GD remains.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
Being an inplay football tipster I keep a close eye on the stats when am not actually at the game. So I keep a very close eye on inplay stats. My opinion is the Albion have not been as dominant in games ever since Knocky lost his dad. For this reason I was delighted he managed to get his 1st goal since then and has dedicated to his dad. Am hoping this give his own form the re ignition needed. This along with March's good performance tonight. And returns from injury for Kayal and Rosenior should keep that strength in depth and competition for places vibrant.
Strange thing to say after 15 games unbeaten but I do actually think we can play much better and do believe despite that run we are having that 'blip'.. !! Frightening quality in the team right now.

This isn't a blip.

You two have both explained more eloquently than I could my thoughts and feelings about this wonderful team ATM far better than I could.
[MENTION=21064]easy[/MENTION]10 I hadn't considered it but those examples are astonishing when you think about it.

I would say the only scenario we're yet to encounter and pass the test of would be a must win game v our rivals having lost to Newcastle early in the season. Thinking back about that game it was our only situation where luck conspired against us. Knockaert scores instead of hitting the bar and Baldock doesn't get the LUDICROUS 2nd yellow and I know we could/would have given a much better account of ourselves.

I can't wait for them to come down and just perhaps we can recreate a little of that Sheff Wed play-off atmosphere to carry the team home.
[MENTION=1299]graz126[/MENTION] Interesting perspective. Do you do in game betting professionally? A WHUFC supporting mate of mine does for a similar organisation to Star Lizard and they are literally creaming it in off our consistency (and Newcastle's but tighter odds I guess).

Also, yesterday was Knockaert's first assist of the season I believe which is astonishing when you consider how much an in song him makes us tick.

Have missed the last 3 games due to holiday and can't wait to get home for QPR.

Statto

Nov 11, 2005
Graceland Memphis
I think we've already had our blip we had a four game shaky spell around late august early sept. We drew at reading and lost the next two in the league and reading also beat us in the cup. We've not looked back since then tho

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
In reality we have been "not at our best" since the Norwich game, but we have still been getting wonderful results. It would be great if this is the 'blip' and we return to good form with it have not resulted in a series of defeats.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
This isn't a blip.

That's a damned good description of how our resilience has evolved this year

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
You two have both explained more eloquently than I could my thoughts and feelings about this wonderful team ATM far better than I could.
[MENTION=21064]easy[/MENTION]10 I hadn't considered it but those examples are astonishing when you think about it.

I would say the only scenario we're yet to encounter and pass the test of would be a must win game v our rivals having lost to Newcastle early in the season. Thinking back about that game it was our only situation where luck conspired against us. Knockaert scores instead of hitting the bar and Baldock doesn't get the LUDICROUS 2nd yellow and I know we could/would have given a much better account of ourselves.

I can't wait for them to come down and just perhaps we can recreate a little of that Sheff Wed play-off atmosphere to carry the team home.
[MENTION=1299]graz126[/MENTION] Interesting perspective. Do you do in game betting professionally? A WHUFC supporting mate of mine does for a similar organisation to Star Lizard and they are literally creaming it in off our consistency (and Newcastle's but tighter odds I guess).

Also, yesterday was Knockaert's first assist of the season I believe which is astonishing when you consider how much an in song him makes us tick.

Have missed the last 3 games due to holiday and can't wait to get home for QPR.

hadn't really thought of it as much the way Easy10 has. Although very valid points. Even commentators when we are on tv are saying we are finding a way to win without playing so great. And our tough defence is reason for this. Plus a bit of creativity and pace going forward.
Also I tip in 2 groups. Goats football tips on Facebook which has been going 3 years as of Jan 1st. Goats is more for fun than professional. Although we do ask for donations from guys that don't tip or give info in our members page.
I also tip on SportsSuperior on Twitter and webpage this is a project that maybe will go pro.

LVGull

May 13, 2016
Wow. 5 teams averaging over two points a game over last ten games.

We need 43 points from 24 games, so 1.79 a game. 91 will be definitely be enough if ouR GD remains.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think 91 will be enough. 93/94 I reckon.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here