Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

20 points ahead of Villa

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
They have a game in hand, but tonight, we're 20 points ahead of Villa. 20 POINTS

They'd have to match our results and make up nearly one point per game until the end of the season to catch us now.

And FYI - we're 15 ahead of Norwich.

I don't think anyone would have predicted this.

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
They have a game in hand, but tonight, we're 20 points ahead of Villa. 20 POINTS

They'd have to match our results and make up nearly one point per game until the end of the season to catch us now.

And FYI - we're 15 ahead of Norwich.

I don't think anyone would have predicted this.

Actually I think many would to be honest, many thought Villa wouldnt do much this year and it is not a surprise with Norwich after how poor they were

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Dont care, the only difference that matters is between 2nd and 3rd place, 8pts plus GD. Long may that grow.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Actually I think many would to be honest, many thought Villa wouldnt do much this year and it is not a surprise with Norwich after how poor they were

Newcastle were 2.94 (on BetFair in July)
Norwich 3.8
Villa 3.9

They were the favourites (and odds reflect where the money is going, not the bookies POV)

We were 4.5

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
We can still blow up.....unlikely but well.....feet firmly on the ground getting ready for the ceiling to be blown to pieces.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
We are second and I don't care about anyone else, however, marking us against Villa is laughable, sorry.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
People might have predicted it a few weeks ago, but surely no one would have predicted it before the start of the season?

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
Newcastle were 2.94 (on BetFair in July)
Norwich 3.8
Villa 3.9

They were the favourites (and odds reflect where the money is going, not the bookies POV)

We were 4.5

To be honest that was not sensible money, especially on Villa given the season they had last and the stats of how many of the 3 that go down go straight back up

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
The most important thing is this (in my humble opinion)...

derby.png

mooey

Mar 30, 2012
People might have predicted it a few weeks ago, but surely no one would have predicted it before the start of the season?

I did nt think they would be anywhere near the top 4 with the shambles last season at Villa and when they appointed D Matteo I new they were shagged a proper shit manager.I remember a few people banding his name round before CH took charge thank god he didnt come here.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
How on earth? The most vital thing is difference between us and third. Nothing else is even close.
No it isn't. The most vital thing is the difference between us and the team we think is most likely to stop us finishing top 2.

Incidentally, the bookies have that as Derby and Shefwedlol

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here