Interesting comments from very early November

http://www.express.co.uk/showbiz/tv-...n-Ed-Balls-BBC
    Show me a good loser and I will show you a loser - Toto Wolff

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Members

2 Not allowed!
      It's the express!!!

No that was 100% right. A non dancer learning a trade, become ing fantastic at it and winning over the public.

I am so pleased...and we got to see Louise's Argentine tango again and for one who is learning it at the moment, we have every admiration a single it is seriously difficult!

Fabulous entertainment.
      " It's a certain kind of fool that likes to hear the sound of his own voice"
      The Eagles - Certain Kind of Fool. Desperado

1 Not allowed!
      Well if it is (and i doubt it) why would the BBC do it ? Nothing to gain and everything to lose. As for Ore he has been solid every time i have seen him perform. A worthy winner.

2 Not allowed!
      Of course it's a fix, that much was clear when Claudia was voted off last week when the phone lines for her were closed for all but 5 minutes (funny that, considering she's the only one that couldn't do the Strictly tour). In fact, it's been easy to predict Ore would win for about 4-5 weeks now, not because he's the best dancer (he's clearly not), but because people a) love a crier, b) have brought into the notion that his lack of dance training means he would be a more deserving winner, c) because he works for the BBC, and d) because of all of the bad publicity they got earlier in the season about black dancers being voted off early.

Really, as a dance competition, this year has been an embarrassment. They've had a guy in Danny who is so so much better than anyone they've probably ever had on the show, but he's been marked differently throughout the competition by the judges because he had a bit of training beforehand. I wish they'd just treat their audience with a bit of respect and have a bit more transparency about a) the voting, and b) why they judge certain celebs differently from others.

1 Not allowed!
      Its people dancing, no one dies, gets pregnant or is forced to eat Cockroaches, who cares which micro-celeb wins ?
      I had run 17 miles from Grayshades before the school leopard caught me.....

" Wisdom comes from experience. Experience is often a result of lack of wisdom "
      Terry Pratchett 1948 – 2015
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by sussex_guy2k2 View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Of course it's a fix, that much was clear when Claudia was voted off last week when the phone lines for her were closed for all but 5 minutes (funny that, considering she's the only one that couldn't do the Strictly tour). In fact, it's been easy to predict Ore would win for about 4-5 weeks now, not because he's the best dancer (he's clearly not), but because people a) love a crier, b) have brought into the notion that his lack of dance training means he would be a more deserving winner, c) because he works for the BBC, and d) because of all of the bad publicity they got earlier in the season about black dancers being voted off early.

Really, as a dance competition, this year has been an embarrassment. They've had a guy in Danny who is so so much better than anyone they've probably ever had on the show, but he's been marked differently throughout the competition by the judges because he had a bit of training beforehand. I wish they'd just treat their audience with a bit of respect and have a bit more transparency about a) the voting, and b) why they judge certain celebs differently from others.
      Bit of training? He was in wicked in the west end for ages!
      " It's a certain kind of fool that likes to hear the sound of his own voice"
      The Eagles - Certain Kind of Fool. Desperado

0 Not allowed!
      He was great
      Quote Originally Posted by Billy the Fish View Post
      Are people taking stupidity pills on here today or something

0 Not allowed!
      Ore well done. Should have had some money on him from the start
      neuter and microchip and keep your cats in at night and just in case you lose one of the little buggers
      anyone who loses a cat can contact me by pm.
      ONWARDS AND UPWARDS
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      James Jordan said that all along as Ore is under contract to the BBC but that could be sour grapes as he was dropped from the program. I wanted Louise to win but thought Danny would as he was by far the best dancer consistently week in week out going by the judges scores.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Publius Ovidius View Post
      Bit of training? He was in wicked in the west end for ages!
      So? It's a dancing competition, which should be won by the best dancer. If I did Olympic diving, the judges there wouldn't let me win simply because Tom Daly (or a good diver) had had more training than I had, at least not if said diver was better than me (which they would be, as I've had no diving training).