Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Strictly. A fix?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
It's the express!!!

No that was 100% right. A non dancer learning a trade, become ing fantastic at it and winning over the public.

I am so pleased...and we got to see Louise's Argentine tango again and for one who is learning it at the moment, we have every admiration a single it is seriously difficult!

Fabulous entertainment.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Well if it is (and i doubt it) why would the BBC do it ? Nothing to gain and everything to lose. As for Ore he has been solid every time i have seen him perform. A worthy winner.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Of course it's a fix, that much was clear when Claudia was voted off last week when the phone lines for her were closed for all but 5 minutes (funny that, considering she's the only one that couldn't do the Strictly tour). In fact, it's been easy to predict Ore would win for about 4-5 weeks now, not because he's the best dancer (he's clearly not), but because people a) love a crier, b) have brought into the notion that his lack of dance training means he would be a more deserving winner, c) because he works for the BBC, and d) because of all of the bad publicity they got earlier in the season about black dancers being voted off early.

Really, as a dance competition, this year has been an embarrassment. They've had a guy in Danny who is so so much better than anyone they've probably ever had on the show, but he's been marked differently throughout the competition by the judges because he had a bit of training beforehand. I wish they'd just treat their audience with a bit of respect and have a bit more transparency about a) the voting, and b) why they judge certain celebs differently from others.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Its people dancing, no one dies, gets pregnant or is forced to eat Cockroaches, who cares which micro-celeb wins ?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Of course it's a fix, that much was clear when Claudia was voted off last week when the phone lines for her were closed for all but 5 minutes (funny that, considering she's the only one that couldn't do the Strictly tour). In fact, it's been easy to predict Ore would win for about 4-5 weeks now, not because he's the best dancer (he's clearly not), but because people a) love a crier, b) have brought into the notion that his lack of dance training means he would be a more deserving winner, c) because he works for the BBC, and d) because of all of the bad publicity they got earlier in the season about black dancers being voted off early.

Really, as a dance competition, this year has been an embarrassment. They've had a guy in Danny who is so so much better than anyone they've probably ever had on the show, but he's been marked differently throughout the competition by the judges because he had a bit of training beforehand. I wish they'd just treat their audience with a bit of respect and have a bit more transparency about a) the voting, and b) why they judge certain celebs differently from others.

Bit of training? He was in wicked in the west end for ages!

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Ore well done. Should have had some money on him from the start

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
James Jordan said that all along as Ore is under contract to the BBC but that could be sour grapes as he was dropped from the program. I wanted Louise to win but thought Danny would as he was by far the best dancer consistently week in week out going by the judges scores.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Bit of training? He was in wicked in the west end for ages!

So? It's a dancing competition, which should be won by the best dancer. If I did Olympic diving, the judges there wouldn't let me win simply because Tom Daly (or a good diver) had had more training than I had, at least not if said diver was better than me (which they would be, as I've had no diving training).

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
So? It's a dancing competition, which should be won by the best dancer. If I did Olympic diving, the judges there wouldn't let me win simply because Tom Daly (or a good diver) had had more training than I had, at least not if said diver was better than me (which they would be, as I've had no diving training).

It's not a dancing competition.

It's Saturday night TV entertainment, with a winner voted for by the viewers.

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit

Apart from arms and legs flying about all over the place, which did admittedly look quite good, it was very superficial, there was actually very little content in Ore's routines compared to the other two. Certainly not worth any of the tens that the judges gave.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
It's not a dancing competition.

It's Saturday night TV entertainment, with a winner voted for by the viewers.

The viewers know who has been to stage school and who's never danced a step in their lives. It was the same when Abby Clancy won a couple of years ago, when one of the other girls had dance training. It is entertainment, and it's who the public likes as well as dance content. If it was purely about dancing Ed Balls would have been voted off in the first week.

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
This programme lost all credibility as a dance competition when it started putting 'ringers' in, who would be voted in by the public because they were so bad. Think of all of the decent dancers who have gone out in the early rounds to make way for these people.

In general though, Strictly sums up the low level of TV entertainment in the 21st Century.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
I thought Danny was head and shoulders above everyone but that's my opinion and that's What its all about. People thought Ore was better so he wins. Simple.
Mind you I was at Birmingham so didn't see it.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
It's the express!!!

No that was 100% right. A non dancer learning a trade, become ing fantastic at it and winning over the public.

I am so pleased...and we got to see Louise's Argentine tango again and for one who is learning it at the moment, we have every admiration a single it is seriously difficult!

Fabulous entertainment.

So the real reason why you turned off the Albion at half time is revealed.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
BBC at it again to get the viewing figures up by putting Debbie McGhee , who was a professional dancer and choreographer, in the contest with people who have obviously never danced in their lives. Wife is fuming and hoping for her to make a mistake.

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patreon
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
Interesting that so many are still enthused about strictly. We gave up this year as we thought the show has got repetive and not so entertaining

Realise it's still getting good viewing figures.
Should add I have medals for ballroom dancing. Glad you are all enjoying it.

seagullsslimjim

Sep 26, 2003
"We gave up this year as we thought the show has got repetive and not so entertaining"

Its in its 13th or 14th year so understandable

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here