Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Has there been a better more astute manager than chris hughton for us?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Mullery. Great manager, lots of talented players...
Taylor..found wardy..Great tactician
Poyet...created a team spirit leading us to falmer...brilliant record
Melia...took us to Wembley ...
Hughton...team spirit..Great motivator.. gets the best out of players..great technician

What do you think?

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
The sheer dignity and genius of the man. There just aren't enough superlatives, and the beauty (imho) is that I can't see him bring poached by a bigger club/Premier League club any time soon because he's been through that mill before.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
The sheer dignity and genius of the man. There just aren't enough superlatives, and the beauty (imho) is that I can't see him bring poached by a bigger club/Premier League club any time soon because he's been through that mill before.

Totally agree...they can all fu.ck off!

Mayonaise

May 25, 2014
Haywards Heath
Hughton has fantastic man management skills to go alongside his footballing nous. He keeps his ego in check and remains level headed regardless of results.

Bloom as Chairman, Hughton as manager and an excellent set up behind the scenes. What's not to like!

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Steve Coppell was a very good manager....

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The less he seeks the limelight the better it seems to get. Somehow I can't see him on the MOTD couch, or doing Danny's sausage sandwich. Not justnow, anyway.

#wonderland

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Huge gamble I thought at the time as TB seemed to be convinced the Head Coach, continental style was the way forward.

We are very blessed to have CH as manager.

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Huge gamble I thought at the time as TB seemed to be convinced the Head Coach, continental style was the way forward.

We are very blessed to have CH as manager.

Gamble? He was a proven Championship manager at the time who had already got a team promoted from the league. If anything he was one of the safest and most suitable choices.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
IT all depends on what sort of season we're having.

In terms of relegation survival, Russel Slade for what he did in 2009 was tactically brilliant. Same goes for Gritt in 1997.

In relation to promotion managers, Hughton has been spot on so far. Reminds me of the Micky Adams season back in 2001.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Gamble? He was a proven Championship manager at the time who had already got a team promoted from the league. If anything he was one of the safest and most suitable choices.

To be fair, where we were at the time, anything was a gamble to keep us up.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
When he leaves, whether it be for bigger things or possibly even retirement, (who knows?) you can bet your bottom dolla it will be with dignity and he will be an Albion legend forever for sure.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
I've spoken with him a few times, an absolute gent! Best manager by far in my 18 years as a supporter.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I wanted Hughton when we got Sami, but, better late than never.
He is a very,very good manager, and he came here with something to prove.(Norwich, and getting sacked at Newcastle)
Steve Gritt was the right man at the right time, and to be fair I never wanted him, I'd never heard of him, before he took up the job, but, what axsuccess he made of it, I, along with many others thought we were dead and buried, so, in my lexicon of Albion managers,

Alan Mullery,
Steve Gritt,
Chris Hughton,
Gus Poyet

However, if we go up this season, Chris Hughton goes to top of my list

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here