Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player Ratings vs Birmingham

carteater

Jan 1, 2014
West Sussex
I was watching on Sky but I don't care!

Here goes:

Stockdale - 7 - Great save to keep it at 1-0 from Jutckiewicz, didn't really have too much to do other than that.
Bruno - 7 - Was okay, made a few mistakes.
Duffy - 7 - We'd have been at least 1-0 down in the first half without him.
Dunk - 7 - Looked comfortable for most of the game.
Bong - 7 - Played well, linked up with Solly really well.
Knockaert - 8 - Joint MOTM - Much better today, I'm happy for him as it's good to see him really starting to get back to his best, great goal, and an assist for the winner as well.
Stephens - 6 - Made a lot of mistakes, was partly at fault for the goal, very sloppy until Norwood came on.
Sidwell - 7 - Played alright, didn't do to much attacking wise though.
Skalak - 6 - Pretty anonymous, a couple of good set pieces but that's it.
Murray - 8 - Actually seemed like a frustrating evening for him and he didn't really do much... Then he scored the 90 + 5 winner, so I marked him up 2 marks for that :O .
Baldock - 6 - Made some good runs, but other than that pretty Anonymous tbh.

Subs:

Norwood - 8 - Played well marked up 1 for somehow causing Stephens to stop giving it away...
Hemed - 7 - Looked pretty decent when he came on.
March - 9 - Joint MOTM - He's BACK!, he's like a new signing, he changed the game, coming on and looking hungry to get back into the side, he ran their fullbacks ragged and provided a great assist for Knockaert's goal, he was ****ING IMMENSE!. He should start next week if fully fit by then.

Hughton - 8 - A pretty poor first half performance, fairly poor in the first 20 of the second half, but a great move bringing on March, and Norwood.

Last edited:

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014

Here goes:

Stockdale - 7 - Great save to keep it at 1-0 from Jutckiewicz, didn't really have too much to do other than that.
Duffy - 8 - We'd have been at least 1-0 down in the first half without him.
Knockaert - 8 - Much better today, good to see him as he is really starting to get back to his best, great goal, and an assist for the winner as well.
Stephens - 6 - Made a lot of mistakes, was partly at fault for the goal, very sloppy until Norwood came on.
Murray - 8 - Actually seemed like a frustrating evening for him and he didn't really do much... Then he scored the 90 + 5 winner, so I marked him up 2 marks for that :O .
Baldock - 6 - made some good runs, but other than that pretty Anonymous tbh.

Subs:

Norwood - 8 - Played well marked up 1 for somehow causing Stephens to stop giving it away...
March - 9 - He's BACK!, he's like a new signing, he changed the game, coming on and looking hungry to get back into the side, he ran their fullbacks ragged and provided a great assist for Knockaert's goal, he was ****ING IMMENSE!. He should start next week if fully fit by then.

Hughton - 8 - A pretty poor first half performance, fairly poor in the first 20 of the second half, but a great move bringing on March, and Norwood.

I'm assuming you're overlooking the fact that we were 1-0 down in the second half because of Duffy being beaten in the air for a goal again? As well as the fact that their first minute chance came as a result of him losing a header and then giving the gall away within the space of 10 seconds?

Considering those factors, and the fact that you've marked him higher than any of our other defenders, I guess my question is simple - were you watching the game today or another, alternate reality game?

carteater

Jan 1, 2014
West Sussex
I'm assuming you're overlooking the fact that we were 1-0 down in the second half because of Duffy being beaten in the air for a goal again? As well as the fact that their first minute chance came as a result of him losing a header and then giving the gall away within the space of 10 seconds?

Considering those factors, and the fact that you've marked him higher than any of our other defenders, I guess my question is simple - were you watching the game today or another, alternate reality game?

That's only two factors, sometimes you get beaten in the air, s*** happens, why can't you be happy that we won the game? INSTEAD OF BEING A SMART ARSE???? :) :moo:.

But in all seriousness...
Without that clearance in the first half it would've been a certain goal so I marked him up for that.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
That's only two factors, sometimes you get beaten in the air, shit happens, why can't you be happy that we won the game? INSTEAD OF BEING A SMART ARSE???? :) :moo:.

I am happy. I'm just highlighting how flawed your ratings are. Duffy was fine, but there's no way he deserved the best rating of our defenders today when his mistakes cost us a) a goal, yet again, and b) a clear cut opportunity for them which should've put them 1-0 up within the first few minutes.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
was watching on Sky too

Stockdale - 7 - Good game. I was so concerned when I thought he was injured
Bruno - 6 - nothing quite cane off for him going forward
Duffy - 7 - good, but should have made it harder for the goal
Dunk - 8 - exceptional. Again. That pass for Baldock was sumptuous. MOTM
Bong - 7 - looked better when March came on
Knockaert - 8 - significantly better when March stretched them on the other flank. Poor until they point. Goal and an assist
Stephens - 5 - very poor throughout . Gave the ball away leading to the goal and the chance where they hit the post. Surprised he didn't go off instead of ...
Sidwell - 7 - typical sidwell. Relished the battle with Davies.
Skalak - 5 - very poor bar the set pieces
Murray - 7 - a pain in the arse as ever. Nothing dropped for him for 94 minutes and then, bam
Baldock - 5 - anonymous, but I appreciate I watched it on sky and therefore probably missed the running he was doing off screen

Subs:

Norwood - 6
Hemed - 5
March - 8 - oh yes! Lovely to have you back Solly. Knockeart and March are going to tear defences a new one.

Shoreham Beach Seagull

May 6, 2009
Shoreham Beach
I am happy. I'm just highlighting how flawed your ratings are. Duffy was fine, but there's no way he deserved the best rating of our defenders today when his mistakes cost us a) a goal, yet again, and b) a clear cut opportunity for them which should've put them 1-0 up within the first few minutes.

He couldn't have done anything about the goal. The four players that went towards the ball that left their man to have a free cross, they were the players to blame for the goal.

Mind I thought Dunk was MOTM for the amount of blocks. But Duffy was streets ahead of our two fullbacks, who were completely useless the whole match.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm surprised Stocko is getting off lightly, after all he let in 3 goals.

carteater

Jan 1, 2014
West Sussex
This is going well !!

Well there's always that ego in some people to further propel their happiness by trying to show how much better than you they are and how much intelligence they have.

I was in a good mood before, now I'm not CHEERS ****s!

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
It's very hard to mark a lot of our players today because most of them were shocking for the majority of the game. Our team spirit is superb though which is all that counts in games like this.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Fine changed it to a 7 now **** off.
lol. You don't need to change it, call it as you see it. What was amusing was your slight mistake/typo about what the score would have been like without him, as we were 1-0 down in the first half.

carteater

Jan 1, 2014
West Sussex
lol. You don't need to change it, call it as you see it. What was amusing was your slight mistake/typo about what the score would have been like without him, as we were 1-0 down in the first half.

Hahah, I had a little bit of a moment there... :blush:... lol.

We weren't 1-0 down in the first half though ;) .

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013

Here goes:

Duffy - 10- We'd have been at least 1-0 down in the first half without him. My MOTM by far.
Knockaert - 8 - Joint MOTM with Duffy- Much better today, I'm happy for him as it's good to see him really starting to get back to his best, great goal, and an assist for the winner as well.
Baldock - 6 - Made some good runs, but other than that pretty Anonymous tbh.

Subs:

March - 9 - Joint MOTM - He's BACK!, he's like a new signing, he changed the game, coming on and looking hungry to get back into the side, he ran their fullbacks ragged and provided a great assist for Knockaert's goal, he was ****ING IMMENSE!. He should start next week if fully fit by then.

Joke ratings. :ban:

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013
:moo::)

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Stockdale - 8 - Great save
Bruno - 7 -
Duffy - 7 -
Dunk -8.5- needs recognising for his offensive work as much as his defensiv
Bong - 6
Knockaert - 8 -
Stephens - 6.5-
Sidwell - 7 -
Skalak - 5 -
Murray - 8 -
Baldock -5.5

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
Stockdale - 6. Quiet game. Did what he had to do well.
Bruno - 6. Did nothing wrong but is starting to look like he needs a rest to get him back to his best.
Duffy - 6. Uncharacteristic mistakes tonight.
Dunk - 8. Immense. Unflappable. Best defender in the championship and I think he would walk into most premier league teams. MOM.
Bong - 7. Very average until the introduction of March then he had a job to do with March and did it well.

Skalak - 6. Not his day today. I think with March and Murphy fit he will be our 4th choice winger.
Sidwell - 7.
Stephens - 6. Going through a slight dip in form at the moment. I suspect with January approaching he may have transferwindowitis.
Knockert - 7. Been out for form since around the Norwich game but CH again proves there is value in allowing players to play their way back into form. Hopefully that is Knockert's corner turned. I think he might tear QPR a new ********.

Murray - 8. Anonymous for 90mims but I've given him 2 extra points for as he did do for the club.
Baldock - 6. Not his night tonight. It would be nice to have some competition for his position.

March - 8. Changed the game and seemed to bring something extra out of Bong.
Hemed - 6. Don't recall him doing much.
Norwood - 7. I'm not convinced by him yet but he undoubtedly played a big part in getting us playing once he came on. He seemed to get a lot of the ball and made things happen.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here