Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Daytripper numbers to Brighton and Hove dropped by almost ten per cent in 2015.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
THE COUNCIL’S tourism lead has admitted he is “baffled” by the city’s falling visitor numbers and how they are calculated.

Cllr Alan Robins, the council’s lead member for economic development and culture, surprised his fellow councillors with his honesty by telling a council meeting he was “in the dark” about how daytripper figures were calculated.

Opposition councillors said Cllr Robins’ lack of knowledge was “astonishing” and a sad indictment of the Labour administration’s understanding of the city’s £1 billion tourism industry."

10℅ in one year ? Little Hampton here we come!

D

Deleted User X18H

It's overpriced. It's dirty. It's far too liberal for some. It's pretentious beyond belief.

It's just a place to live #realbrightonians.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
It's overpriced. It's dirty. It's far too liberal for some. It's pretentious beyond belief.

This.

It was a great place up until about 2010, then it really started going down hill. It is populated by wankers.

larus

If tourism is something which Brighton wants to attract/keep at high levels, then it should think about how it 'treats' it's customers.

The extortionate parking charges will be a huge deterrent, as will be the traffic problems now. I realise that many who live, work and use public transport in Brighton will like the changes implemented by the greens, but do people travelling in from outside, it's become a more difficult/expensive place to visit.

Like [MENTION=7]Mustafa[/MENTION] said, I would not choose to visit Churchill Square for shopping now and will drive elsewhere. I live in Haywards Heath, but would rather drive to Bluewater than Bright for shopping now even though it's further. By the time you get through the traffic queues in Brighton and then pay extortionate charges to park, it's a better experience driving further.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Dirty, liberal, pretentious. These are three qualities I look for in most things.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Shop in Crawley now. Same shops, cheaper and easier to get to. Far quieter too. It's a rather pleasant experience compared to shopping in Brighton where the shops are miles apart and full of expensive tat.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Many reasons...traffic and parking is horrendous for day trippers.If I went to Brighton for the day these two would put me right off !!

I feel for the poor sods that live there:thumbsup:

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Parking is a big problem, but the main issue is the scores of beggars/ winos/ druggies who infest the streets.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
It's still easy the liveliest nightspot outside of London with great pubs and restaurants . But in the daytime its rough. Beach is overcrowded and dirty. Many better places to visit during daylight hours.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Parking is a big problem, but the main issue is the scores of beggars/ winos/ druggies who infest the streets.

You need to think about doing your begging in Crawley, closer to home for you, and less competition.:ffsparr:

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
This.

It was a great place up until about 2010, then it really started going down hill. It is populated by wankers.

Nice......i understand your point but feel this is a little harsh.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
If I wasn't from Brighton, I'd be put off by the outrageous price of parking.

In fact, I am from Brighton and I am put off by the outrageous price of parking.

Find myself doing my Christmas shopping in Crawley Mall rather than Churchill Square in recent years.

You live in Hove and feel the need to drive to Churchill Square?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

enough about Croydon,what are your thoughts on B&H?

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014

Utter crap.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here