Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The lull before the first visit to the second city Friday night drinking thread

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I've tried Equipo Navazos for the first time in my life tonight. And a few other things, but they don't matter.
It's sherry, and proof that it's currently the best value wine in the world.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Friday night Chinese

image.jpg

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Dry meal out with wife and son & girlfriends as driving, now relaxing with a pre-match beaujolais. Light night tonight ahead of a morning run and the drive up country tomorrow though.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Beavertown Neck Oil with a Beavertown Lupuloid IPA in the fridge. Picked up a few cans while doing the wine run at Hennings in Goring

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
What's the most efficient way to get from Brum New Street to St Andrews?

10:06
Darlington
Crosscountry
2 hours 21 minutes Calling points
12:27
Birmingham New Street

Last edited:

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Just got in from a few Christmas beers in Hastings Old Town. A couple of cold lagers in the fridge now before trip to Brum in the morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Small glass of bucks fizz earlier. Might be tempted by a glass of wine shortly.

Taking it easy tonight as tomorrow evening could be a bit heavy going :ohmy:

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Friday night in The Albion
Checking to confirm they will indeed be showing The Albion in the Albion tomorrow and not the other albion
:albion2:

theboybilly

What's the most efficient way to get from Brum New Street to St Andrews?

10:06
Darlington
Crosscountry
2 hours 21 minutes Calling points
12:27
Birmingham New Street

You probably wont find them advertised until the last minute but trains run from Moor Street (a short designated walking route from New Street) to Bordesley. Hardly any trains stop there normally (it's a 'Parliamentary' station) but on matchdays there is a service before and after the game. I'm staying in a hotel near New Street and that's the way I'm going at about 4.15pm. If there's a problem I can get a taxi if all else fails.

EDIT: Trains are advertised on the Nat Rail site as running every 10 minutes from 16:00 (maybe earlier) right up to kick off. It only takes 2 minutes on the train but saves a bus or taxi. Turn right out of the station to the roundabout and then head towards the Ibis hotel on the other side of the roundabout. A 6 or 7 minute stroll. Hope this helps

Last edited:

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
You probably wont find them advertised until the last minute but trains run from Moor Street (a short designated walking route from New Street) to Bordesley. Hardly any trains stop there normally (it's a 'Parliamentary' station) but on matchdays there is a service before and after the game. I'm staying in a hotel near New Street and that's the way I'm going at about 4.15pm. If there's a problem I can get a taxi if all else fails.

EDIT: Trains are advertised on the Nat Rail site as running every 10 minutes from 16:00 (maybe earlier) right up to kick off. It only takes 2 minutes on the train but saves a bus or taxi. Turn right out of the station to the roundabout and then head towards the Ibis hotel on the other side of the roundabout. A 6 or 7 minute stroll. Hope this helps

Thank you very much. This was helpful.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here