Votes: 25 12.8%

• Total voters

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
What sort of tree is yours?

(If you are lah-di-dah and have more than one tree, please respond with respect to your MAIN tree)

Also: when did you put it up?

We'll be going out for a REAL tree today. It's later than I'd like - I think last weekend 10//11 December was the optimum weekend this year, but my daughter was not with us this weekend, and is this weekend, so this weekend it is.

Anything earlier than 10/11 December is a bit too keen and if you were one of those getting involved in Christmas decorations in November, then there's something wrong with you, frankly.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
fake, much easier, looks decent enough and has a metric ton of decorations anyway.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
You can buy fake Christmas trees? Every day's a school day.

You're the twelfth person to use the phrase Lah-di-dah in my hearing this week. I must find out what it means one day.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Real but potted in soil. Stops the needles dropping and keeps going year after year. Went up on Tuesday night.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Fake but I prefer real. A real 7ft one would cost a fortune. I bought it through Amazon using the NSC link n all. Put up last Saturday.

AK74

Bright-eyed. Bushy-tailed. GSOH.
NSC Patron
Jan 19, 2010
Having had real for years (and the curse of a) fitting it into the tree holder and b) pine needles descending everywhere), we finally swapped to artificial for Christmas 2015.

http://www.balsamhill.com/

I brought ours out of the loft last weekend, and it's twinkling away in the corner of the room as I write. Very pleasant.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
Real, put it up 3rd of Dec. It's now on the wonk thanks to the kids hanging off it. Also, the seagull-eyed amongst you might notice that the decorations are only present above a certain height. That height is the exact reach of my toddlers, when standing on a trike. Or toy pram. Or wooden garage. Or each other.

After putting a bauble back on the tree 500 times you just give up. The decorations are in a pile on the window sill.

FFS tree.jpg

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Real always. You can't beat it for the smell. Most trees these days are good enough not to lose their pines very quickly provided you water.

That said I can see the economy of a fake as the real fellas are pricey.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
A real one for us. Getting it this weekend as we've had builders in for the last 3 weeks so the house has been dusty and had furniture moved all around. No doubt the kids will want to decorate it unaided (again) and only put stuff on the front of it at the bottom (again).

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Real always. You can't beat it for the smell. Most trees these days are good enough not to lose their pines very quickly provided you water.

Beautiful 6 foot tree, £25 at Ikea, complete with £20 back in vouchers. Brilliant tree every year for a fiver.

Lush

Mods' Pet

How often do you need to water a Christmas tree? Got no chance of checking how dry it is, as it is a) laden with stuff and b) spiky

Stumpy Tim

I've always gone real until last year, when we bought a 6 foot fake tree with snow effect. It's a fine addition to the household, and was the cost of 2 trees so pays for itself

In terms of WHEN to put up the tree. You are meant to put the tree up at the start of Advent - which this year fell on Sunday, November 27.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here