Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Elvis being released on a free

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Following a frustrating season, which has been limited to just 28 minutes of first team action, Brighton, the player and his representatives met last week for talks. The outcome of the meeting was conclusive: Manu needs to find a new club in January.

Speaking to Voetbal International, Manu said, “It was a good conversation, the club understands my situation and said that I should be free [to leave the club]. The good news: no one has to pay anything. I can go for free.”

When asked about possible destinations Manu was unequivocal, he wants a return to the Eredivisie. He said, “I have shown it at Feyenoord and Cambuur. I’ve even proven in Europe that I can play, a return to the Netherlands would be good for my career.”

Therefore, Manu’s agent has contacted clubs but there is no firm interest yet, but the player remains hopeful of attracting a team in January. He told VI, “I am fit. I train twice a day. Moreover, I have played games in the second team and I train for myself. I’m still eager.”

Following a previous successful spell at Feyenoord, thoughts naturally turn to the chances of re-signing for the Rotterdam club once again. However, this seems like a long shot and Manu just wants to focus on playing, that is his most important aim.

The player acknowledges this adding “I’m not openly applying for a place at Feyenoord. In the Netherlands, they know what I can do. I am now 23 years old and just want to play every week. I want to show that I am not forgotten the next six months.

http://www.football-oranje.com/manu-told-can-leave-brighton-january/

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Adds more fuel to the fire that a deal has been reached for Baldock II.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I guess we are still paying him until he's actually gone.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
He'll be lonely this christmas
Assuming that was an intended Elvis pun, that song was actually by Mud, the singer being Les Gray, not Elvis who never sang it. Although some Youtube clips are wrongly attributing the track to Elvis.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
That's Alright Elvis, it's going to be a Blue and a White Christmas,
Starting Today, There's a Brand New Day On the Horizon,
What Now, What Next, Where To,
Bitter They Are, The Harder They Fall,
The Wonder of You!

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Maybe with a little less conversation and a little more action....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Assuming that was an intended Elvis pun, that song was actually by Mud, the singer being Les Gray, not Elvis who never sang it. Although some Youtube clips are wrongly attributing the track to Elvis.

If you google this song there are many references to both Mud and an Elvis version.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here