Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

5th Test Match

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Well it starts overnight but I can't work up any excitement or sense of anticipation; it's got the feel of a dead rubber. I guess there might be something of interest but I can scarcely recall being flatter than this. I guess the England lads might be feeling the same - the 'just let's get through this and onto the plane' syndrome. But you never know - it could be a classic!

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
The low key thread title sums it up well. After a year where England have had 20% of the year allocated to Test match cricket I should think they are ready to come home. 15 tests means Bairstow needs around 60 runs to be the top English scorer in a calendar year. Jimmy is out with a niggle, Broad may play.
Having had a second steroid jab for the rheumatoid arthritis today I will probably be wide awake by 3am pacing around the lounge waiting for it to start.....

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
History tends to show England have a tendency to pull off a heroic victory against all expectations in the dead rubbers that ultimately count for nothing, such as The Oval in 1997 or Headingley in 2001. If they win the toss, bat first and manage to put 400 on the board, they might just do it again.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Should have sent them home after the last test, an absolute shambles. Am I right in thinking a defeat in this one equals our most ever test defeats in a calendar year?

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Morning. Steroid cricket watching here we go. England win toss. Bat first. A cyclone ravaged Chennai Monday and soaked the ground. Looks like the Withdean pitch st the end of a season.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Thought Ibrahmovic was playing when Ishant Sharma took the ball for the second over.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Wicket for Ibrahmovic as Jennings finally edges behind after struggling for 1 run in almost 30 minutes.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Since the early 5 runs England have scored 8 in about 45 minutes.

13-1. Ooops a four for Cook. Runfest 17-1

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
A door has swung open next to the sight screen. A grounds man jogs up and bolts it shut.

20-1. Derek Underwood would see potential bowling last on this pitch.

Jadeja likes it too as his bunny, Cook, is caught Kohli at slip.

20-2

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Root edging and showing Kohli should have had a second slip and Moeen lobs it through the hands of Rahul at mid wicket. When is the flight home? Anyone coming to Heathrow?

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Cook looking burned out while Root sets a record by getting 50 in all 5 tests, would appreciate him going on this time!

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Just tuned in and just seen almost what I expected.... We are in position for the inevitable clatter....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here