Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you "tip" at Christmas ?

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
We never "do" money but the Postman a few beers or bottle of wine along with the bar staff at The Hollybush and thats about it for us.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Try getting your haircut in the square mile, You will have a heart attack.

Tell a lie my mate moved out to San Francisco a few years ago and I went to visit him, he now works at one of those swish retro barbers full of google hipsters with beards and quiffs. So I thought I would go in and get a shave all over the head with a nice cut throat..... $95.00

end of friendship :lolol:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Milkman and postman get tips. Binmen used to when they collected my bins from the side of my house, now I have to put them and and put them back myself they don't.

KingstonSeagull

May 1, 2013
Shoreditch
Tell a lie my mate moved out to San Francisco a few years ago and I went to visit him, he now works at one of those swish retro barbers full of google hipsters with beards and quiffs. So I thought I would go in and get a shave all over the head with a nice cut throat..... $95.00

Shit me, that would even make me sweat and I live in shoreditch!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Did the $95 include the 20% tip? :wink:

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Takeaway delivery drivers should always get a tip👍

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Top tip...

Always tip the cab driver who takes you home from the "gentlemen's club" after the works Christmas party.....

You never know when you will meet again, Brighton is a lot smaller than you think...

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Milkman and postman get tips. Binmen used to when they collected my bins from the side of my house, now I have to put them and and put them back myself they don't.

Always give a Christmas box to milkman, postman, and the paperboy too. Do great work so want to show my appreciation.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I don't tip unless totally necessary all year so I am not about to start at Christmas, we have no paperboy or milkman, the postman often put other people's letters through my letterbox and elastic bands all over my steps and the dustman leaves rubbish behind that I sweep away, taxi drivers try to go the longest route unless I tell them and even then drive very slowly until they drop off and then drive around like madmen not giving way and pulling out in front of you, so they can do one as well.
I don't really believe in tipping anyway unless someone goes beyond the call of duty.
This includes America which has caused a few problems in the past but I hold my ground and hope they don't shoot me.

reigate

Nov 10, 2005
Always give a Christmas box to milkman, postman, and the paperboy too. Do great work so want to show my appreciation.

When I was a paper boy circa 1990 I used to send each Customer a Xmas card. Used to rake in the tips. None of the other kids bothered and got hardly anything. My step dad was a postie and would end up with a few hundred quid, plus whiskey,steak,salmon etc.

Not sure it's so common now?

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I don't tip unless totally necessary all year so I am not about to start at Christmas, we have no paperboy or milkman, the postman often put other people's letters through my letterbox and elastic bands all over my steps and the dustman leaves rubbish behind that I sweep away, taxi drivers try to go the longest route unless I tell them and even then drive very slowly until they drop off and then drive around like madmen not giving way and pulling out in front of you, so they can do one as well.
I don't really believe in tipping anyway unless someone goes beyond the call of duty.
This includes America which has caused a few problems in the past but I hold my ground and hope they don't shoot me.
What about a low paid takeaway driver, what did they ever do to you?

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here