Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

All New Police Officers To Have Degrees

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Why?

Some of the Sussex Police officers look like they can barely tie up their shoelaces. Be nice to know those in the uniform have at least some kind of education when this is implemented.
Someone sensible with decent A Levels and a bit of life experience would be a much stronger candidate than the average UK "graduate".

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....

Attachments

• cvickN8.jpg
    cvickN8.jpg
    228.3 KB · Views: 635

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
They need a degree in life skills and common sense. What good a degree in history or chemistry would do is beyond me. Maybe a return of cadets or even raising the age to 25?

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Kinel you can just imagine a arrest 5 years from now , .....

Dear Sir , It is with great regret i have to inform you that you are under arrest , we here at sussex police apologize for any inconvenience that this may have on your person , and furthermore we hope that if we have made a mistake you will not pursue the matter further in a court of law , lovely weather we're having isn't it , by the way iv'e a degree in home economics and tapestry , hug me .

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Kinel you can just imagine a arrest 5 years from now , .....

Dear Sir , It is with great regret i have to inform you that you are under arrest , we here at sussex police apologize for any inconvenience that this may have on your person , and furthermore we hope that if we have made a mistake you will not pursue the matter further in a court of law , lovely weather we're having isn't it , by the way iv'e a degree in home economics and tapestry , hug me .
Hopefully in five year's time, a degree level education will have sorted out their use of punctuation too!

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Why?

Some of the Sussex Police officers look like they can barely tie up their shoelaces. Be nice to know those in the uniform have at least some kind of education when this is implemented.

Based on a quick look around my office, it looks like having a degree has no bearing on whether tying shoelaces looks beyond someone or not.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
How does this work with human rights and equality? I'm instantly ruled out because I didn't go to uni?

yes, and you're also excluded from being a doctor. equality doesn't extend to qualifications.

(except they've covered that with on the job degree progression)

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
You . do realize , you can ! be arrested ' for spellchecking , on a internet forum , don't you; sir .

It does make me wonder why those clever people that created spellchecker weren't clever enough to incorporate grammar and punctuation checks into the programme.

Products of a comprehensive education system, I guess................................... :wink:

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
How does this work with human rights and equality? I'm instantly ruled out because I didn't go to uni?

If you read it, I don't think they're actually saying you'd have to have a degree to join.

Either you join as a non-graduate and do the degree as you train, over three years, or- if you already have a degree- you join and do a six month conversion course (what?) once you start.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Why?

Some of the Sussex Police officers look like they can barely tie up their shoelaces

There's been a big drive by the government in recent years to ensure the make-up of the police forces accurately reflect the communities they serve.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
A lad I used to work with, started off as a PCSO in Hillingdon for about a year, then got picked to attend Hendon school of police craft and paperwork.
Now is a full screw copper working the Met' and enjoying it.

Did not have any degrees.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here