Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A thread for the people of Aleppo

warsaw

She's lost control
Jan 28, 2008
Watching the news today of families under siege and, by all accounts, being slaughtered, I felt that I wanted to offer my personal sadness that we in the west have not been able to find a way to prevent or stop this. I guess I could never have supported sending our troops in to keep these murderers apart and maybe this was the prevailing view and so we have arrived at today's carnage.

Sorry Aleppo, for what that's worth.

Anyone?

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Rather sympathize with the christian towns that faced genocide from Islamic state which our lying media managed to keep out of the headlines.

ThePompousPaladin

Apr 7, 2013
It's heartbreaking, all the more so as we were instrumental in the destabilization of the area that led to these events.

I think it is probably for the best that we didn't invade, it's unlikely that any result we could of achieved (if we could...) would result in anything lasting - see iraq/afghan.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I've been following a journalist who is trapped in East Aleppo.

[tweet]809139950956544001[/tweet]

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Rather sympathize with the christian towns that faced genocide from Islamic state which our lying media managed to keep out of the headlines.

And the Yazidi's who the so called moderate rebels don't give a fuk about. They don't even want the Kurds to be part of the political process.

The rebels have the choice to move away from the civilians with their lives or use the civilians as human shields. They don't care about the children and they are only valued for propaganda purposes.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
And the Yazidi's who the so called moderate rebels don't give a fuk about. They don't even want the Kurds to be part of the political process.

The rebels have the choice to move away from the civilians with their lives or use the civilians as human shields. They don't care about the children and they are only valued for propaganda purposes.

Agree 100%

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
I worked with a number of Syrian teachers in Riyadh. In 1996 I drove up to meet the Mrs who flew into Damascus. We had an incredible 2 weeks driving round feeling completely safe. Being tolerated by all and visiting two colleagues. It is hard to watch the news now having seen and been welcomed in Aleppo and Syria at that time. The 4 Syrians I worked with and most of their families may have some alive, may not have any alive or may wish they were not alive.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Can't you just sympathise with the human beings being slaughtered regardless of their creed or religion?

The rebels don't care about civilians, and if innocent people and children die as martyrs they believe that Allah will give them greater rewards in heaven. They all truly believe that the more suffering the better heaven will be. It's a self fulfilling prophecy because that is what they are taught.

If our British soldiers were in that position and losing the fight, and they were offered a way out with their safety and safety for civilians, we would leave, wouldn’t we?

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
I am certain there are terrible things happening but also 100% sure we are getting an incredibly western media bias to the events. Ultimately its a civil war that is entirely fueled by the West, Saudi,and Qatar sponsoring rebels to try and topple a countries leader for their own oil gains at the huge expense of the civilian population in Syria. The western Media then present a situation where it is outraged that the existing establishment actually fight back to defend its sovereignty. The huge tragedy is it all looks like its been completely pointless and that Assad has now won the war, which in reality is probably the only way to really end the appalling atrocity on both sides however ugly its become. The other terrible outcome is the creation of ISIS in the mess.

Great job all round.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
The UK and US Ambassadors to the UN, Samantha Power and Matthew Rycroft act as if our countries haven’t been behind the regime change policy and supporting a foreign invasion and supply of arms for the last five years. It’s all Assad’s fault though.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
The rebels don't care about civilians, and if innocent people and children die as martyrs they believe that Allah will give them greater rewards in heaven. They all truly believe that the more suffering the better heaven will be. It's a self fulfilling prophecy because that is what they are taught.

If our British soldiers were in that position and losing the fight, and they were offered a way out with their safety and safety for civilians, we would leave, wouldn’t we?

You've read different history books to me.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
I worked with a number of Syrian teachers in Riyadh. In 1996 I drove up to meet the Mrs who flew into Damascus. We had an incredible 2 weeks driving round feeling completely safe. Being tolerated by all and visiting two colleagues. It is hard to watch the news now having seen and been welcomed in Aleppo and Syria at that time. The 4 Syrians I worked with and most of their families may have some alive, may not have any alive or may wish they were not alive.

Bounce. This is what the thread is about psychos.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
I think the spirit of the OP is that the situation for the 'common man / woman' in the region is totally ****ed, and how terrible it is. OF ****ING COURSE the West / Middle East / Russia / Religious leaders / Country head / rebel leaders / ISIS are involved, any tragedy anywhere in the world has got at least one of these vile, pieces of shit involved.

I personally, despite not doing much about it besides feeling terrible angst and awkward as ****, am devastated that we keep on treating each other like a means to a ****ing end just to get power / money / pussy / whateverthe****.

People really are *****.

Last edited:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here