Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Saturday trains to Brighton

willow147

Mar 16, 2011
Romney Marsh, Kent
Apologies for starting a new thread on the trains.

Can anyone guess as to what the train service will be like this Saturday, I want to come into Brighton shopping on Saturday and was hoping to get the train from Ashford (Kent) rather than drive.

With the strike the day before and the current overtime ban, am I asking a little to much to be able to plan my trip by train?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Will know more tomorrow as first day of service after a strike day but Southern are already advising it will not be great.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

Diablo

NSC Patreon
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Apologies for starting a new thread on the trains.

Can anyone guess as to what the train service will be like this Saturday
, I want to come into Brighton shopping on Saturday and was hoping to get the train from Ashford (Kent) rather than drive.

With the strike the day before and the current overtime ban, am I asking a little to much to be able to plan my trip by train?

Guessing is probably about as good as it gets...

willow147

Mar 16, 2011
Romney Marsh, Kent

Just had a look around that link and for me to go from Ashford (or Hythe which is closer for me) to Brighton it takes me via London Victoria with a journey time of 5.5 to 6 hours each way and a price to match.

Maybe I'm not understanding the site very well but I'll think I'll pass on that. Thanks for the suggestion though.

I could leave home early (about 7 ish) and drive, hopefully the car parks won't be too full by 8:30 - 9:00. Hate to think how much parking is these days in Brighton.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here