Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wigan Athletic v Newcastle United

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna

skysports-wigan-newcastle-10-in-10_3848354.jpg

Newcastle appear to been having extraordinary luck with none of their main players out with injury.

http://www.skysports.com/football/wigan-vs-newcastle/preview/358361

https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1085075/Preview

What the odds of Yanic Wildschut to score and Wigan win 1-0?​

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Happy for Newcastle to win this. Us and them are like two cyclists escaping the peloton. We need to work together to pull away from the pack and let them beat each other whilst accepting that they're all playing for 3rd. This means swapping the lead frequently so the other team takes the 'leader' pressure. I'm always happier coming from behind and I'm sure Chris & his men are the same; no problem with them being above us come Birmingham on Saturday, it will make us better.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I'm hoping for Newcastle 34 shots (26 on target) vs Wigan 2 shots (0 on target). Final score: 0-0

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
TBH, 8 points clear of 3rd, we keep doing our thang I don't give a Peter Andre what Toon or Derby do. Toon winning is probably a good thing.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
What's this shit I'm watching on Sky?

Edit: Premier League World. I will try to avoid this in future.

Last edited:

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Whilst I agree the Derby game is far more important I don't get people being 'happy' if Newcastle win. We want as many teams below us as possible. Although it's unlikely we'll finish above Newcastle it is a good safety net.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
It would be nice to still be top at 5.30 on Saturday, before we play our game.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Why do Sky reporters in particular ask such shit questions in interview?

"How much do you need Will Grigg to start scoring tonight, [Wigan manager]?"

FFS, what sort of answer is he supposed to give? "Not at all, Sky, he can arse around doing his hair and dancing to his song for ninety minutes, we're not remotely bothered"

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Whilst I agree the Derby game is far more important I don't get people being 'happy' if Newcastle win. We want as many teams below us as possible. Although it's unlikely we'll finish above Newcastle it is a good safety net.

What about the '2 teams feck off out of it and let everyone else scrap it out against each other' scenario?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Why do Sky reporters in particular ask such shit questions in interview?

"How much do you need Will Grigg to start scoring tonight, [Wigan manager]?"

FFS, what sort of answer is he supposed to give? "Not at all, Sky, he can arse around doing his hair and dancing to his song for ninety minutes, we're not remotely bothered"

In fairness as they are playing the runaway 2016/2017 Champions and the best team to ever play in the Championship Wigan can consider themselves lucky to get any coverage about them at all.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
In fairness as they are playing the runaway 2016/2017 Champions and the best team to ever play in the Championship Wigan can consider themselves lucky to get any coverage about them at all.

Will they be presenting Newcastle with the trophy after the match? What day is the bus parade?

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003

Will they be presenting Newcastle with the trophy after the match? What day is the bus parade?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Suprised they haven't given full coverage details yet tbh, everyone will be very excited about it and need to plan ahead. Xmas is probably not the best time.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
What about the '2 teams feck off out of it and let everyone else scrap it out against each other' scenario?
That's the ideal scenario either way but IF we remained above Newcastle it's another team that would have to overtake us. If not we are relying on no one else getting close enough to us

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
"Newcastle come into town looking in ominous form"- what, a home win following two poor defeats?

Jeez, the hype never ends, does it?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here