Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Glenn Murray's Bournemouth contract

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Do we know how long he has left there?

If the correct answer could be "it runs out at the end of this season" that would be much appreciated...

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Surely we wouldn't shoot ourselves in the foot twice, yet again offer him a pathetic deal and watch him go somewhere else and bang them in at the Amex against us?

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
He signed for AFCB in Sept 2015 on a three-year deal

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Which means they would want £3m + for him in the summer and somebody will pay that, just hope it is us.

He could dig his heels in and refuse to go anywhere except to us or in the stiffs at Bournemouth, which I think he might just do if a deal to bring him here (if we want him) can't be arranged.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
He has indicated that the way Eddie Howe plays doesn't suit him. Here's hoping something can be sorted.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Surely we wouldn't shoot ourselves in the foot twice, yet again offer him a pathetic deal and watch him go somewhere else and bang them in at the Amex against us?

Serious question is he good enough for the Premiership , sure he is quality in this league and worth a contract in this division....

But the Premiership I am not so sure, if we want to push on then he would be back up at best surely...

We would be looking for a step up in quality and drop down in age as a main striker surely.

I think he is a legend having said that.

Last edited:

KingstonSeagull

May 1, 2013
Shoreditch
Serious question is he good enough for the premiership, sure he is quality in this league and worth a contract in this division....

But the Premiership I am not so sure, if we want to push on then he would be back up at best surely...

We would be looking for a step up in quality and drop down in age as a main striker surely.

I think you're right, I don't think he is very good at Rugby...

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Which means they would want £3m + for him in the summer and somebody will pay that, just hope it is us.
He'll be about to turn 34. Palace and Bournemouth have decided he wasn't good enough for them in the PL, when he was younger, so I don't see why we'll be that keen on him if we get promoted.

Championship sides will want him, but £3m is a bit much for a player that's at the end of his career. Clubs spending big on the likes of McCormack and Rhodes have at least got their money back.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Serious question is he good enough for the Premiership , sure he is quality in this league and worth a contract in this division....

I think at 34 he'd be worth a 1 year contract as back up striker, we'd still need to invest big in 1-2 names ahead of him, but he's a canny, intelligent player who'd be worth bringing on for 20-30 mins in a tight game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here