Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Christmas hampers.

KingstonSeagull

May 1, 2013
Shoreditch
_92208784_mediaitem92208783.jpg

Ordered mine off this bloke, hasn't turned up yet...

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
A Yule log and a pork pie

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
I've had a couple this year. One from Fortnum and Mason which was at best disappointing. Two bottles of beer, tiny bottle of port, billtong, stilton in a pot and some biscuits. Came in a lovely wooden box (full of wood shavings) but for a 100 odd quid what a rip off.

On the other hand got one of these https://www.boroughbox.com/big-man-box which was basically the same as above but with better produce and less than half the price. Guess you pay for the name with F&M.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I've had a couple this year. One from Fortnum and Mason which was at best disappointing. Two bottles of beer, tiny bottle of port, billtong, stilton in a pot and some biscuits. Came in a lovely wooden box (full of wood shavings) but for a 100 odd quid what a rip off.

On the other hand got one of these https://www.boroughbox.com/big-man-box which was basically the same as above but with better produce and less than half the price. Guess you pay for the name with F&M.

Agree the wooden boxes are the best thing, I got jam, port, wine, cheese, relish and crackers in mine....

I keep my favorite match programs in last years box in the man cave toilet to read.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014

Fortnum and Mason :lolol: You should support Fulham...

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
1 bottle of Advocaat.
1 bottle of Stones Ginger wine.
1 bottle of Martini Rosso
1 bottle Cinzano Bianco.
A Poinsettia.
1 Christmas Radio Times
1 Christmas TV Times
Box of Just Brazils.
Box of frosted fruit jellies.
Bag of mixed nuts
Iced Christmas cake
Yule Log
1 long balloon and 2 round balloons (so you can fix them to the wall in a rude configuration)
1 jar of each, pickled onions, piccalilli, sweet pickle, pickled red cabbage.
3 tins of party seven.
Chas & Dave Christmas knees up LP
1 large tin of Andrews liver salts.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patreon
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
1 bottle of Advocaat.
1 bottle of Stones Ginger wine.
1 bottle of Martini Rosso
1 bottle Cinzano Bianco.
A Poinsettia.
1 Christmas Radio Times
1 Christmas TV Times
Box of Just Brazils.
Box of frosted fruit jellies.
Bag of mixed nuts
Iced Christmas cake
Yule Log
1 long balloon and 2 round balloons (so you can fix them to the wall in a rude configuration)
1 jar of each, pickled onions, piccalilli, sweet pickle, pickled red cabbage.
3 tins of party seven.
Chas & Dave Christmas knees up LP
1 large tin of Andrews liver salts.

.......and a partridge in a pear tree pie............

IMG_2973.jpg

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
Same old shit each year...Family Circle, Celebrations, Heroes, cheap plonk from the bottom shelf of the alcohol aisle in Tesco, Quality Street, bag of satsumas and some ready salted peanuts (already de-shelled FFS).

I'm not a commoner, honest guv...

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow

Biltong in an F&M Christmas Hamper?! That's an outrage and completely against tradition and all that is Christmassy.

Next they'll rename them Xmas hampers. Ffs.

Off rant and back OT:

Black bomber cheddar cheese by the Snowdonia Cheese Co, a couple of bottles of red - perhaps a Fleurie and a Merlot, then some smoked salmon, maybe a gammon and some chutney.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
I was given one last year that had popcorn in it. Very disappointed.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Some nice cheese for me. What would be a must in yours?

I'm just making a couple as presents, home-made apple chutney, home-made lemon curd, home-made biscuits and home-made choccie truffles. A bit of cooking, but should be nice - saves buying pressies this year

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here