Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Collymore LOSES it

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
STANLOI has gone postal after a clip of Pep Guardiola’s press conference went viral. A reporter alluded to comments Stan Collymore had made in his column criticising City’s defending. Pep responded with a puzzled expression and said “Stan…Collymore?”. Now its all gone off.

[tweet]808829900467634176[/tweet]

Now he's used his Mirror column to "fire back" at the people chuckling...

I had to have a belly laugh at the posts from blogs and websites getting giddy that Pep Guardiola, when asked about my MirrorFootball column, looked puzzled and asked: "Stan Collymore?”
They’ve had a field day, gleefully saying “he doesn’t know who you are etc” which, bearing in mind most of these journalists wouldn’t be recognised in their own front room, makes it even funnier.
If Pep doesn’t know who I am, that’s absolutely fine, all he needs to do is watch Sky Sports, there’s usually the 4-3 game (Liverpool vs Newcastle, 1996) on, or used in an advert.
Maybe he could give the former manager of his current club, Stuart Pearce, a call and ask him about who Nottingham Forest’s greatest 11 is, managed by a true great of the game, rather than one spoon fed lots of cash to get success.
Or ask Robbie Fowler, Liverpool legend, and someone I’m sure Pep knows the name of, who his best strike partner was amongst Owen, Rush, Viduka, Shearer, Cole et al.
To be fair, managers like Pep get lots of questions from some journalists being sneaky and a maybe a little devious and get put on the back foot - such as Klopp vs Neville the other day.
Managers under pressure like to have a pop back, and as far as I’m concerned I’m as fair game as anyone.
So if a manager feels I’m irrelevant, doesn’t know who I am or dismisses me, that’s absolutely fine.
It’s the equivalent of me questioning, like a lot of fans and even Man City fans recently, Pep’s ability in England to put a defence together worthy of the name.
Or a goalkeeper worthy of keeping out England’s No.1 on the basis that “he’s not a great footballer” - he doesn’t have to be, he just needs to make saves Pep!
And to all of those bloggers and journos laughing in Pep’s press conference today at my expense, I’ve won awards in YOUR industry and have a 15-year playing career to back it up.
If Pep genuinely dismisses me, just imagine what he thinks of you!
I’m comfortable not being known by Pep - Brian Clough knew who I was and rated me highly.
He was a double European Cup winner who did it from scratch, not from an Abu Dhabi or Qatar silver spoon.
I’ll make sure I state my name, National Union of Journalists' number and full address when I’m next at the Etihad, just in case Pep, just in case.

"Had to have a belly laugh" - yeah right-o Stanloi, doesn't sound like you're STEAMING there at all does it. All mildly amusing, as if Guardiola would be in the least bit bothered or interested in a Collymore goal from 20 years ago. For a bloke who clumps women, he’s a bit of a SENSITIVE soul when he’s on the receiving end of a bit of “bants”.

What a gimp.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Whilst he is obviously a knob, his ire in that tirade is NOT directed at Pep at all - it is directed at the faceless, non-achieving nobodies*, smirking at him in their blogs, etc.

All a bit precious though, isn't it?

* :wave:

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I do find Stan entertaining.

He seems to rate himself.

By the way- the quiz question he set in the middle of that.

Who would be Nottingham Forest’s greatest 11 ?

The team that won the title or the European cup winners... twice?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Not bitter AT ALL.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
He seems to rate himself.

By the way- the quiz question he set in the middle of that.

Who would be Nottingham Forest’s greatest 11 ?

The team that won the title or the European cup winners... twice?

I didn't understand this reference either as he wasn't in either team. Clough had left before he signed for them too.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
He will be living off that one Brian Wade moment for the rest of his life.
Didn't he beat up his girlfriend some time around the '98 world cup? He should be consigned to the gutter.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Whilst he is obviously a knob, his ire in that tirade is NOT directed at Pep at all - it is directed at the faceless, non-achieving nobodies*, smirking at him in their blogs, etc.

Its directed at EVERYBODY, including Pep.

"I’m comfortable not being known by Pep - Brian Clough knew who I was and rated me highly. He was a double European Cup winner who did it from scratch, not from an Abu Dhabi or Qatar silver spoon. I’ll make sure I state my name, National Union of Journalists' number and full address when I’m next at the Etihad, just in case Pep, just in case. "

What a prize prawn.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
It matters little in life 'who's heard of who' - we're all human. Don't get the 'I'm better known than him' mentality some seem to have...

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Pep Guardiola -
La Liga x 6
Copa Del Rey x 2
European cup
Cup winners cup
Uefa super cup x 2
Olympic gold

Manager - La Liga x 3
Bundesliga x 3
+ 15 other trophys

Stan Colymore

League cup winner with Leicester.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Stan goes mental and gains a few thousand followers for his new venture, the red tops get a whole bunch of baseless clicks and the soul of football reporting in the UK dies a little bit more.

What's more depressing is that Stan got the wrong end of the stick - Pep had heard of him, but simply misheard the question.

Prettyboyshaw

Feb 20, 2004
Saltdean
Can't stand the T wat. Just shout his points across and seems to have to refer to every team as Liverpool Football Cloob, Manchester Unit Football Cloob etc. We know they are football clubs you women beating *n*t

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Not Stans biggest fan. But I think the problem he has with the press is to do with the selective editing reporting of the press conference.

The media have edited the clip too make it look like Pep doesn't know who Stan is. when it's more of a misunderstanding between Pep and the questioner
Except in the second half of his piece he is definitely having a pop at Pep, as well as journalism as a whole.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here