Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Clayton Donaldson

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Top scorer for Birmingham, almost certainly injured for Saturdays game.

Not to curse anything but we definitely seem to be getting some much needed luck this season.

Looking forward to the game this weekend with brums frail defence......

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Donaldson had been struggling with a sore achilles. He then had a heavy collision with an Ipswich player and had to be stretchered off, and subbed, in the 4th added minute of the first half. The Brum coach said that he had overstretched his achilles and they would need to see how it was today. It doesn't sound good for him.

Donaldson is their top scorer and main threat. Another winnable game Saturday. Keep going boys.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
As a Brighton fan that is good news.

Taking out a teams' top scorer obviously reduces their chances of winning.

After last night, and with winnable home games on the horizon, a point at St Andrews would be nice.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Clayton Donaldson is really not very good. Quite happy for him to play - even more so if he's carrying an injury.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
As a Brighton fan that is good news.

Taking out a teams' top scorer obviously reduces their chances of winning.

After last night, and with winnable home games on the horizon, a point at St Andrews would be nice.

I think that last season's Chris Hughton would think that way, but I'm confident THIS season's manager feels that for every game we need to make every effort to win it.

Not that I'm say a draw would be a disaster.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Sides 3 to 9 are much of a much and we've beaten a lot of them already.

Nothing to fear and go there expecting a win.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Most of his goals have come from the spot.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Donaldson had been struggling with a sore achilles. He then had a heavy collision with an Ipswich player and had to be stretchered off, and subbed, in the 4th added minute of the first half. The Brum coach said that he had overstretched his achilles and they would need to see how it was today. It doesn't sound good for him.

Donaldson is their top scorer and main threat. Another winnable game Saturday. Keep going boys.

Winnable?, yes possibly, but Donaldson or no Donaldson, Brum will provide a much sterner test than Blackburn did last night.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Lukas Jutkiewitz is a better centre forward and with Donaldson's absence Che Adams will start.
Direct comparison to us trying to play Hemed with Murray then finding the big man/nippy little man combo is more effective.
Birmingham will be stronger as a result of the enforced change.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
It's like the complete opposite to last season where Charlie Austin got to play for QPR about 3 times, one of which was against us when he scored twice. :nono:

He was nowhere to be seen when Burnley or Middlesbrough played them obviously.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
So it turns out luck evens itself out over TWO seasons, not one.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Yes, and Mile Jedinak had no chance of playing for Villa against us after a long flight back from international duty.

And then he did.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I think that last season's Chris Hughton would think that way, but I'm confident THIS season's manager feels that for every game we need to make every effort to win it.

Not that I'm say a draw would be a disaster.

I think a draw would be a good result. A win, on the other hand, would be a real marker. If we could go to a team like Birmingham and win in front of the cameras, it would be huge.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
It's like the complete opposite to last season where Charlie Austin got to play for QPR about 3 times, one of which was against us when he scored twice. :nono:

He was nowhere to be seen when Burnley or Middlesbrough played them obviously.

A year on, in hindsight, that QPR game was unfortunately the turning point in the season. 2-0 up and cruising, Austin comes on, Dunk gets sent off and Austin scores twice. We kept our unbeaten run, but it felt like a loss. Dunk was suspended, we scraped a draw at Brentford, and then Goldson sadly scored the winning goal for his boyhood team. You know all this. It's just cathartic to get it out there!

PG

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I think a draw would be a good result. A win, on the other hand, would be a real marker. If we could go to a team like Birmingham and win in front of the cameras, it would be huge.

I think your right, Birmingham will prove a much tougher test than Blackburn did. If we can just pick up points away from home and keep winning at the Amex, that's the recipe for automatic promotion..

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Clayton Donaldson is really not very good. Quite happy for him to play - even more so if he's carrying an injury.

His goals have cost Fulham,Norwich,Ipswich,Sheffield:lolol:,3 points each this season-sounds pretty good to me!

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I think your right, Birmingham will prove a much tougher test than Blackburn did. If we can just pick up points away from home and keep winning at the Amex, that's the recipe for automatic promotion..

Agreed. But in some ways we're better off playing teams higher up the table as we can catch them on the break when they attack. There's been a few teams this season (Cardiff and Ipswich being obvious examples) who have played like the away team when at home to us and sat back and we've not been able to break them down. I'm looking forward to Saturday. It will be a good test and we should take a decent number of fans with it being the last game before Christmas.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here