Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Can Newcastle complete the hat trick.....

Poyningsgull

Apr 12, 2007
....of losses tonight against teams in the relegation zone! After already losing to Rotherham and Blackburn.

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
Expect Newcastle to win and go back top. Quite happy with this because I think the bigger the gap the two of us put between us and the rest will get the the other teams settling for the play-offs. Bit early admittedly but seem to remember something similar the last time Newcastle came down with them and West Brom never really in doubt for promotion all season.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I watched Final Score on Saturday after Newcastle had won to go back to the top of the table. They were still saying that Newcastle were going to be the runaway winners of the Championship. I thought that a bit strange and quite thick when you consider that they were still just one point ahead of us and still have to come down here :shrug:

I know they are rightly favourites but shouldn't we also get maybe just a mention when pundits talk about the Championship's potential winners?

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I watched Final Score on Saturday after Newcastle had won to go back to the top of the table. They were still saying that Newcastle were going to be the runaway winners of the Championship. I thought that a bit strange and quite thick when you consider that they were still just one point ahead of us and still have to come down here :shrug:

I know they are rightly favourites but shouldn't we also get maybe just a mention when pundits talk about the Championship's potential winners?

I would rather they all keep focusing on Newcastle, it only adds pressure on them, anything less than top spot is an underachievement for them, outside the top two would be a disaster.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Not bothered to be honest. Would much rather qpr beat derby

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Here are the stats for Wigan v Newcastle

2012/13 lost 1-2 Santon
2011/12 lost 0-4
2010/11 won 1-0 Sh.Ameobi
2008/09 lost 1-2 Guthrie
2007/08 lost 0-1
2006/07 lost 0-1
2005/06 lost 0-1 (LC)
2005/06 lost 0-1
1953/54 won 3-2 (FA) Broadis, Keeble,

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls

A lot of posters on here just recently were saying that Newcastle were going to run away with the League. Too many defeatists. Believe you can win until you can't :)

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Newcastle have lost to Fulham, Huddersfield, Blackburn, Wolves and Forest (not necessarily in that order)

I will be delighted if they **** up given comments on their forum that they wouldn't mind if some of our players 'got injured'

"
originallad
Mbemba's Bowtie
Re: Midweek Championship Matches 13/12
Postby originallad » Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:06 pm

gawalls wrote:
Perseus wrote:

I think that was last season. What is the Brighton strongest first XI?

"To be honest as far as I know (which isn't a lot admittedly) if they lose knockaert and Murray I reckon they'll start dropping points.

I wouldn't wish injuries on their players. <whistle> But it would help us if those two weren't playing for a while."

Charming

So heres to Wigan Athletic

Last edited:

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Newcastle have lost to Fulham, Huddersfield, Blackburn, Wolves and Forest (not necessarily in that order)

I will be delighted if they **** up given comments on their forum that they wouldn't mind if some of our players 'got injured'

"
originallad
Mbemba's Bowtie
Re: Midweek Championship Matches 13/12
Postby originallad » Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:06 pm

gawalls wrote:
Perseus wrote:

I think that was last season. What is the Brighton strongest first XI?

"To be honest as far as I know (which isn't a lot admittedly) if they lose knockaert and Murray I reckon they'll start dropping points.

I wouldn't wish injuries on their players. <whistle> But it would help us if those two weren't playing for a while."

Charming

So heres to Wigan Athletic

Bounce

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
Reminds me of the year when Southampton were head and shoulders above everyone in league 1, except we had won the league with 4 games to spare, let them talk about Newcastle all they like, we can just quietly go about our business.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here