Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dunk Booking - Stupid or Tactical???

BhafcBlues

Mar 7, 2016
Brighton
Thinking about it more, was it one of his very now and then stupid rash decisions getting that booking or was it planned.

Looking at the fixtures we have have what you would two winnable home games at the end of December: Now if dunk were to pick up a booking Saturday that would put him out of QPR and Cardiff at home, before him being eligible again for Fulham and Preston away at the start of Jan.

Now I know the booking was silly but I'm starting to think it was actually more tactical get the BFG or goldson in for the lower league sides while dunkys out and have him suspension free going into the bigger games in January?

Is that a reasonable thought process or am giving dunk too much credit here?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The latter

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I would have thought it unlikely. No-one picks up bookings in that way. Ask Steve Foster :moo:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Not necessarily dunks call, Hughton or a member of the back room staff could have come up with it ...

Fair point, but I would rate low the odds of that being foremost (or even vaguely) on the agenda tonight. That would be more a Pulis or Colin W@nker type of stunt . . .and we are a bit more classy than that . . .I hope.

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013
The main point here is although Dunk is magnificent and his partnership with Duffy has been formidable this season, this year is different to last. We have a fantastic SQUAD. If he misses two games then we sadly have to bring in the liability of Goldson. Part of a rock solid defence last year and I believe played at Wigan this year (Another clean sheet). And on the bench for those games we have Uwe, who in his own right is a fantastic centre half, who was great at the start of last year. We have options now, we are ready.

Lurker

56 years and counting ...
Mar 8, 2010
West Midlands
If it was a deliberate tactical yellow card then that just reinforces the stereotype of a brainless footballer.
Lewis got the card when there was still plenty of time left on a slippy wet pitch for him to slightly mistime a challenge and get himself a 2nd yellow.

If you're going for a tactical booking then I would suggest he should commit the offence in injury time.

In my opinion, I'm afraid on this occasion the booking comes under the heading of 'stupid boy'.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
If a player wanted to do that, I suggest they'd do it in the last 5 minutes.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
You've completely confused me :)

Yes, sorry perhaps I didn't explain what I ment very well, I've had a few wines tonight. I keep staring at the table, and the one in the kitchen! I ment I think it was a tactic to get booked but he took the opportunity too early. If he's going to do that, it should be in the last 5 as you say. Having said that, we looked comfortable at the time, maybe Dunk felt he could be sure to not pick up another card, and have us still win the game.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
He didn't look too happy when he got the yellow card and looked in danger of being sent off until the ref had the sense to call Bruno over as captain to calm things down

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Engineering his 2 game suspension to include MKDons in the FA Cup ? ???

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
It's the law, he has to get booked, surely you should know that by now.
If he is not booked then we lose or draw.

Dolph Ins

May 26, 2014
Mid Sussex
What happens after 10 bookings and 2 game ban? If it's 15 bookings and 3 game ban , and we are not halfway through the season yet then Dunk would have been told to avoid yellows not get 2 in quick succession. He's on target for 20 this season!

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Stupid. He was still two yellows away from a suspension. Far too early in the season to be taking tactical yellows. He'll likely end up with a 3 game ban this season.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
It was just a yellow, no tactics involved. He'll serve a ban sooner or later, in which time Goldson will come in and be fantastic too. (see Bong/Pocognoli for further details)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here