Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

El-Abd Sent off

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Let it go, he always gave 100% for the Albion when he played.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I was going to say that's harsh given that he's nearing the end of his career, but he's still only 32. TBF he helped his childhood club get to and establish themselves in the Championship and has represented his country so not a lot to be disappointed about in that.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Always liked the fella but has he found his level at the bottom of League 1?

The two halves of that sentence don't really marry up.

I bloody love Adam El Abd and was gutted when he left here, particularly given the manor of that departure.

I hope once his playing days are out there is a way he can return to the club he so clearly loves.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

I bloody love Adam El Abd and was gutted when he left here, particularly given the manor of that departure.

I hope once his playing days are out there is a way he can return to the club he so clearly loves.

Remind me, what you mean by 'the way he left'?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Big fan of AEA - did a great job at the time for us. But if referees ever were going to get strict about defenders bear-hugging the forward they were marking, it was always going to be bad news for him!

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Would you say this part of the world is very much his manor?

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
El-Abd is a hero of the lost generation for me. Battled away at Withdean for years and then transformed under Gus. To say he found his Level is stupid the guy is 31/32 and had a great career for a local lad.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Always thought he was a very good L1 defender who could cope well enough in the Championship when offered the opportunity (but was never likely to be part of a side competing to win the League). Personal opinion, of course.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011

What, Bristol?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
El-Abd is a hero of the lost generation for me. Battled away at Withdean for years and then transformed under Gus. To say he found his Level is stupid the guy is 31/32 and had a great career for a local lad.

This, with gold plated bells.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Easy to forget how well Poyet got him playing. Easily the most improvement I have ever seen in a player at the Albion.

Yep. El Abd was regularly slated on here, then when Poyet arrived wasn't he the first player he offered a new contract to?

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Adam is a leader of men a true team player who would run through a brick wall if required, always ready to niggle the opersision at just the right moment, always felt he is Brighton through and through

I was sad to see him leave but assumed he wanted first team football which Bristol City where able to offer sadly he had an awful time with them

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Liked him a lot.

Don't remember him leaving under a cloud, but I suppose it was a bit sudden and he wanted first team football.

Player of the Season 2010-2011 ? ???

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

This, El Abd bleeds blue and white. Love the bloke.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Player of the season in a fantastic season. Very down to earth and one of our own.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here