Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Blackburn player ratings

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Might be a while till any get back to Brighton. Just seen a facebook post from a mate who went saying motorway closed due to a fire

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Stockdale - 6 made a couple of nice blocks but not quite as comfortable as usual on crosses tonight. Dissapointing punch out for their first.
Bruno - 8 usual assured class
Dunk - 7 loses a point for yellow card
Duffy - 8 he really dislikes them
Poco - 5 probably needs more game time
Skalak 5 - not his night
Stephens - 8 great finish
Norwood 7 - great delivery but not quite as dominant in mid as Sidwell or Kayal
Knockaert - 5 not his night either
Baldock - 8 missed him a lot when he went off.
Hemed - 8 some of the play between him and Baldock was excellent
Murray 7 - Did job and was in right place at right time for crucial 3rd.

Disappointed with the goals, but get sloppy stuff like that out the way in a game we win.

Edit: do I win first northerner back prize? Had to get away quick as whippets needed feeding.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Stockdale - 6 made a couple of nice blocks but not quite as comfortable as usual on crosses tonight. Dissapointing punch out for their first.
Skalak 5 - not his night

Disappointed with the goals, but get sloppy stuff like that out the way in a game we win.

Edit: do I win first northerner back prize? Had to get away quick as whippets needed feeding.

I'm back and in bed already! Pretty much agree with your ratings. Bruno my MOM with Duffy close second.

cirC

Jul 26, 2004
Tupnorth
Skalak 5 - not his night

Pretty much agree though Poco was worth a 7 and Bruno mark down a point for trying to be to clever when a hoof or 2 would have been a better bet for him.Sidwell loosing the ball led to the 2nd Blackburn goal added a bit of pressure for the last few minutes which we didn't need.
Greer a 10 for helping us out!

Merdalfthewizard

once more unto the breach
Dec 25, 2014
265 miles from home games
Skalak 5 - not his night

Agree with your assessment, Blackburn's second was disappointing, too much messing about!

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Stockdale 7 : One superb save in first half
Pocognoli 7: Very solid, tough call for CH Saturday
Bruno 6: Not quite his swashbuckling self
Dunk 6: Should have been an 8 but ridiculously immature for the booking and then tried to get himself sent off
Duffy 8: Head and shoulders, he's a beast
Greer 9: Took the heat out after Rovers scored first with some classic clogging
Knockaert 6: Still not himself
Skalak 6: Another sillly booking, very busy and couple of good efforts
Stephens 7: Great goal, very effective
Norwood 7: Covers a lot of ground, especially in front of back four
Hemed 7: Won a lot in the air, some sublime tricks and flicks
Baldock 7: Looked very sharp

Subs

Murray 7: Classic Glenn, bought us time when holding up ball, poached the goal
Sidwell 5: Touched ball five times, gave it away four and great shot for fifth. He's not having my wife tonight
March 5: Not on long

Weird game, most comfortable 3-2 I've seen. Should have won by more. How Rovers won at Newcastle recently is beyond me.

Lurker

56 years and counting ...
Mar 8, 2010
West Midlands
Disappointing to concede the two goals.
Anybody not at the game and looking at the final score might think it was a close game, but it really wasn't.
We could ... and probably should ... have scored at least five, and both goals conceded were easily preventable.

Stockdale 6 One good save in the 1st half, one weak punch in the 2nd half, otherwise a normal day at the office for Stockers with little to do.

Bruno 8 Immaculate as usual, can't recall a single error.
Poco 7.5 Could be set for a good run in the team if he continues to play like this.

Duffy 8 Couple of aimless passes but overall a very impressive display.
Dunk 8.5 Superb display. If we don't go up this year the vultures will be circling. He is the best centre back in the championship. Utterly stupid yellow card though.

Stephens 8 Great goal and completely bossed the middle of the park with Norwood.
Norwood 9 Best player on the park tonight, him and Stephens didn't give Blackburn a sniff. MOM

Skalak 6 Did his defensive duties well, but that's not enough. Unfortunately he was anonymous in the offensive side of the game. His inability to actually go past an opponent slowed us down too often.
Knocky 6 Not his night again. Looks like he's trying too hard sometimes. I'm sure he'll come good again, but definitely not firing on all cylinders at the moment.

Baldock 7 Impressive workrate as usual. Good link play, didn't do anything wrong, deserves keeping his place in the team.
Hemed 7 Started the game extremely well, looked very impressive, won a lot of headers, but a few misplaced passes and didn't really look too much like scoring, and faded out of the game in the 2nd half.

Muzza 7.5 Very good for the short time he was on. Glad he got the monkey off his back with the goal.
Sidwell 4 Not on for long, but while he was on he was appalling. Hopefully just a blip, he's been very good this season.
Solly N/A

Hughton B]6[/B] We won easily, so his team selection was proved right, but I felt Skalak and Knocky should have come off earlier.

Referee 7 Thought he had a good game.

Away Support 9 Not huge numbers, but it was a horrible rainy Tuesday night a very long way from Brighton so fair play to those that went who made noise from kick off to final whistle.

Home Support 3 To be fair they had nothing to shout about and they certainly played the part well.

Stewards 9 Super guys that I spoke to, didn't give us any flak even when virtually everybody stood for the whole match, and they were very quick to warn the home support whenever the predictable gay chants looked like they might start.

Blackburn Rovers First Team 4 They look a poor side. They may have got 2 goals, but both were gifts and were totally undeserved. Not one of their players would get anywhere near our squad, let alone our 1st XI.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Disappointing to concede the two goals.
Anybody not at the game and looking at the final score might think it was a close game, but it really wasn't.
We could ... and probably should ... have scored at least five, and both goals conceded were easily preventable.

Stockdale 6 One good save in the 1st half, one weak punch in the 2nd half, otherwise a normal day at the office for Stockers with little to do.

Bruno 8 Immaculate as usual, can't recall a single error.
Poco 7.5 Could be set for a good run in the team if he continues to play like this.

Duffy 8 Couple of aimless passes but overall a very impressive display.
Dunk 8.5 Superb display. If we don't go up this year the vultures will be circling. He is the best centre back in the championship. Utterly stupid yellow card though.

Stephens 8 Great goal and completely bossed the middle of the park with Norwood.
Norwood 9 Best player on the park tonight, him and Stephens didn't give Blackburn a sniff. MOM

Skalak 6 Did his defensive duties well, but that's not enough. Unfortunately he was anonymous in the offensive side of the game. His inability to actually go past an opponent slowed us down too often.
Knocky 6 Not his night again. Looks like he's trying too hard sometimes. I'm sure he'll come good again, but definitely not firing on all cylinders at the moment.

Baldock 7 Impressive workrate as usual. Good link play, didn't do anything wrong, deserves keeping his place in the team.
Hemed 7 Started the game extremely well, looked very impressive, won a lot of headers, but a few misplaced passes and didn't really look too much like scoring, and faded out of the game in the 2nd half.

Muzza 7.5 Very good for the short time he was on. Glad he got the monkey off his back with the goal.
Sidwell 4 Not on for long, but while he was on he was appalling. Hopefully just a blip, he's been very good this season.
Solly N/A

Hughton B]6[/B] We won easily, so his team selection was proved right, but I felt Skalak and Knocky should have come off earlier.

Referee 7 Thought he had a good game.

Away Support 9 Not huge numbers, but it was a horrible rainy Tuesday night a very long way from Brighton so fair play to those that went who made noise from kick off to final whistle.

Home Support 3 To be fair they had nothing to shout about and they certainly played the part well.

Stewards 9 Super guys that I spoke to, didn't give us any flak even when virtually everybody stood for the whole match, and they were very quick to warn the home support whenever the predictable gay chants looked like they might start.

Blackburn Rovers First Team 4 They look a poor side. They may have got 2 goals, but both were gifts and were totally undeserved. Not one of their players would get anywhere near our squad, let alone our 1st XI.

Agree with final paragraph and to think it wasnt too long ago that we were disappointed when Conway decided to join Rovers rather than us but on the night didnt display any quality.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
Our supporters coach is due back at the Amex at 5.00am, my young lad is on it. 16 hours on a minibus, good effort!

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Definitely would drop knockaert for March for next game and let him be off until after xmas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
Was the most comfortable 3-2 away win I've seen. The goal was uncharacteristic and both a complacent mess!

Blackburn were poor too. Defensively open and didn't create much, although Stockdales save was crucial at the time.

426 a very solid turnout from us!

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003

Weird game, most comfortable 3-2 I've seen. Should have won by more. How Rovers won at Newcastle recently is beyond me.

Great to read that last sentence, suggesting that NUFC aren't the invincible shoe-ins to win the title that some make them out to be. Where we stroll, Newcastle stumble. Long may it continue.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Dunk 6: Should have been an 8 but ridiculously immature for the booking and then tried to get himself sent off

Subs

Sidwell 5: Touched ball five times, gave it away four and great shot for fifth. He's not having my wife tonight

How the deuce did that last goal of theirs develop.... it seems as though we stood around and watched him stroll through.... was it March in the Centre half position who seemed to just watch him gently canter into our half before slotting it home.... ??.... really annoying wrinkle on an otherwise smooth flowing evening.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

SockMonster

Oct 12, 2007
Brighton
Definitely would drop knockaert for March for next game and let him be off until after xmas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Difficult one. He probably needs to be part of things to help him get his mojo back so not sure droping him is the right plan. Keep him in and around the team and he will be brilliant again v soon.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Subs

Good marks for agent Greer.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Good marks for agent Greer.

Used his experience well. Rovers had all but raised the white flag until they scored the first. They then pressurised us, albeit looking unthreatening, and the crowd awoke from their slumbers for five minutes. GG used his knowledge of the game to take the steam out of the situation to guarantee an Albion victory. Classic captaincy from a player who has been underrated for too long, so that's why he got my MoM.

batch_91

Jul 14, 2012
Sheffield/Portslade
Difficult one. He probably needs to be part of things to help him get his mojo back so not sure droping him is the right plan. Keep him in and around the team and he will be brilliant again v soon.

I thought he looked alright last night. Picked up the ball and carried us 50 yards up pitch on a few occasions, a scuffed shot and some unlucky crosses meant that its another game without a goal/assist unfortunately.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here