Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The difference between 2015/16 and 2016/17

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
1. Shane Duffy
2. No injury crisis heading into Christmas
3. The squad are even more bonded and driven than last term

Chris Hughton deserves way more recognition but quite happy for him to go about his business under the radar of the Sky Hollywood Bo**cks

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
4. We've got a much, much stronger squad
5. We've got more points
6. We're 20 up on goal difference, double figures ahead of other automatic challengers

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
1. Shane Duffy
2. No injury crisis heading into Christmas
3. The squad are even more bonded and driven than last term

Chris Hughton deserves way more recognition but quite happy for him to go about his business under the radar of the Sky Hollywood Bo**cks

4. Massive Goal difference advantage
5. Glenn Murray

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
It's just a better squad with the same manager who appears he can get the best out of this group.
I'd also say bar Newcastle this year currently seems there are less consistent teams

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
7. We are NOT conceeding late equalisers :albion2:

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
I really, really can't see Tony Bloom selling anyone in January.

Why would he when the rewards are so great if we go up.

I tend to agree, but you just never know....£20m for Dunk, £15m for AK, etc etc.....you just never know. Football is a crazy game and some prem sides will be desperate.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
I really, really can't see Tony Bloom selling anyone in January.

Why would he when the rewards are so great if we go up.

Yep I agree, I think he's seen the light. It would take silly offer to make Bloom seriously consider a bid in Jan now

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
MUCH more team spirit. You can see it when we score and the bonding of the group at Knockys dads funeral etc.. I always think of the 2004 Euros when I think of what a team working together can do. It was won by Greece who were frigging sh!te but reallys worked together as a team and won the Euros (more that our England wasters have done...)

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Brighton and Newcastle look like the stand out teams in this division. Cant see any other team getting in to the top 2. Villa are now out of it despite their good performance at our place.Norwich concede too many goals and have persisted to long with their manager( I know they had a good win tonight) . Huddersfield and Reading are fighting above their weight, and will slowly lose ground. Derby, McLaren, enough said.

I am confident, and hope this post will not be bounced back in May, when we finish 3rd and go out meekly in the playoffs.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Last season:

3 REALLY good sides pushing for 2 spots.

This season:

2 REALLY good sides, and about 6-8 pretty decent ones who will all continue to take points off each other.

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
We've got 4 games on Sky in three weeks. Doesn't seem terribly under their radar to me...

Winning games on Sky now, unlike previous seasons :banana:

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
10. We are taking points off the other top contenders, apart from Newcastle. Last season the only top 6 team we beat was Hull at home.

11. we've only conceded 13 goals in 21 matches

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here