Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So who's going to stop us now???

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Only ever take a point when it is mathematically what you need (a la Boro vs. us). Wins are what count. I wouldn't take a point on Sat now - possibly if we are down to 10 and it is 0-0 with 5 to go, but not now. Look at the table now; even with less than half the season to go there is a very high degree of correlation of games won and position in table. Only Villa are more than a couple of places out on this measure. CH knows it - mentioned several times that the number of draws early last season cost us. Anecdotally, he seems to be less defensive with substitutions - attacker for attacker and/or midfielder for attacker later in game.

You are right, I worded my post badly. I think we should set up to win but would not be overly disappointed if we come away with a draw. I totally agree about the number of wins correlates to the division, Geordies have lost 25% of all their games but they win the others so the losses do not seem to matter!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Sakes, How much does it take to get across to some people that we aren't yet half way through the programme.

Sets us out as arrogant ***** who will inevitably fail to the laughter of others. :ffsparr::ffsparr::ffsparr:
I hear you, but chirst if you can't enjoy this, what's the point?

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
If we do get promotion - at which game do you think it will be?

I'm going for Wolves away in April.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Yes, but we did all this last year and then Burnley went on a 23 game unbeaten run from Boxing day until the end of the season. Let's not get cocky.
Indeed. 58 points from their last 25 games. If any team in the top 10 did that they'd have 90 points plus.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I am currently CONVINCED that Derby will be our closest rivals. They are definitely capable of an exceptional 26 match run that would put us under a lot of pressure.
And of course, if it comes down to a nail biting last two or three match climax, like it did last season, they will have the mighty Shteve McC to power them through it.

So, that's alright then...........

Last edited:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I AM enjoying it but let's hold on to a touch of realism - I don't again want to be hearing from friends elsewhere that we f--ked up yet again !
We didn't **** up last season, we were chasing others at the end of last season and had a brilliant run in. We got 45 points from our last 20 games, 24 from our last 10. That's not ****ing it up.

You have stupid friends.

el punal

Cannot understand why there is this perception Villa will be a threat to us, can someone explain and evidence this

Go onto Villa Talk and see what their fans think. The realistic ones think that the play-offs are a possibility and automatic promotion is gone. A few think we're over the hill and faraway - nice feeling that!

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
If we do get promotion - at which game do you think it will be?

I'm going for Wolves away in April.

Such a shame there is no fixture on May 3rd. Would have been perfect to gain promotion to the top flight exactly 20 years to the day after the draw at Hereford kept us in the league.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
We didn't **** up last season, we were chasing others at the end of last season and had a brilliant run in. We got 45 points from our last 20 games, 24 from our last 10. That's not ****ing it up.

You have stupid friends.

Not Stupid Friends , Fair enough, but we shouldn't get ahead of ourselves !

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
You'd think after last season, our players will have the right attitude in terms of not getting ahead of themselves. And you'd have to say, if we do make it, we've ****ing DESERVED it.

I'm getting quietly confident. The key will be not losing the games v Derby, Leeds, Reading etc in the 2nd half of the season.

SUA Seagull

Jul 23, 2016
Stratford-upon-Avon
The players' job is to take it one game at time.

The supporters job is to get ahead of ourselves.

Therefore, I'm using a 3-2 away win at Blackburn on a Tuesday night in deepest December to get ahead of myself :vuvu::vuvu::drink:

I've experienced too many 1-0 midweek defeats at places like Lincoln, Bury and Mansfield down the years not to enjoy the ride this time, whatever the outcome.

These are GREAT times.

That is a great post BN. I said pretty much exactly the same to my son earlier this evening. To be an Albion fan now, basking in the glory of repeatedly excellent performances from a truly remarkable and disciplined squad, run by a fantastic manager, supported by a well run Board and a Chairman whose commitment and generosity exceeds our wildest dreams is something quite special, to be savoured and of which we should all be immensely proud.

One game at a time is definitely how I see it, but CH is savvy enough a tactician to know from the pain of last season's finale what he needs to do. For us, the fans, we can forgive ourselves for getting a little bit carried away. What we are witnessing now is something very, very special and I am loving every minute of it. Even SASTA can't put the dampeners on that! It feels like we're destined to do it this time, but I don't want to tempt fate. Enjoy it while it lasts. Happy days!

Up the Albion :albion2::thumbsup::ascarf:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Really looking like a lower points total needed for 2nd this year. We'll see.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here