Blackburn v Brighton

Sky Bet Championship

Venue: Ewood Park
Date: Turdsday 13th December 2016
Kick-off: 19:45 GMT
Referee: Oliver Langford
Assistants: Mark Dwyer, James Wilson
Fourth official: Jeremy Simpson

Blackburn defender Charlie Mulgrew is a doubt after being taken off in Saturday's defeat by Lancashire rivals Preston with a groin strain.

Fellow defenders Tommie Hoban (shoulder) and Elliott Ward (ankle) remain out for Rovers.

Brighton left-back Gaetan Bong is available again after suspension and could replace Sebastien Pocognoli.

Winger Jamie Murphy (groin) is a doubt while midfielder Beram Kayal could return following an ankle injury.

The Seagulls are looking to extend their unbeaten run in the Championship to 15 matches and will go top of the table with victory at Ewood Park.

MATCH FACTS

• [*=left]Blackburn are winless in their last eight league games against Brighton (D4 L4).
    [*=left]Indeed, Brighton have won their last three against Blackburn all by a 1-0 scoreline, with each goal coming in the first half.
    [*=left]Rovers are unbeaten in their last five home league games (W2 D3); they haven't had a longer run since September 2014 (nine games unbeaten).
    [*=left]Brighton are unbeaten in their last 14 league games (W10 D4), conceding just five goals - picking up three more points than any other side.
    [*=left]The Seagulls have kept 13 clean sheets in the league this season.
    [*=left]Albion striker Glenn Murray is the third-highest goalscorer in the Championship with 12 goals, but is yet to score away from home.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Badges perfectly sized. WHAT A DISC RACE

DICK HEAD OUT

beefypigeon

Aug 14, 2008
I think we'll keep a clean sheet, and hopefully we should have the fire power to nick a goal or two. I'll go 0-2 to the good guys :albion2:

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
Badges perfectly sized. WHAT A DISC RACE

DICK HEAD OUT

SILENCE you heathen. After Tony Bloom, Dickhead is the most important man we have. Win/lose streaks are irrelevant, we need perfection on the OMTs or we will be ridiculed by lesser clubs.

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
It'll be close, I reckon a tight game will see us edge them out 0-1. I remember last season visiting Preston on what was my first away game...we were riding high and on excellent form and we could only manage 0-0. Fantastic support from our fans, though it was a 3pm Saturday KO.

Normski1989

Apr 15, 2015
Hove
With Charlie Mulgrew doubtful , the stage is set for Gordon Greer to start , could be interesting .

And GG's love for the Albion will outweigh his professionalism, resulting in him scoring three first half own goals!

Normski1989

Apr 15, 2015
Hove
1-0 Albion, Duffy header.

Good shout. I had predicted 1-0 but hadn't given much thought about the goal scorer. Duffy is due his first goal after come close a few times, hope he gets it tonight. He's used to scoring against Blackburn anyway, haha.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here