Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sir Frank of Lampard any truth in this transfer rumour?

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Firstly is this a thing that could realistically happen?

Secondly presume he won't play for peanuts, is this a position we need to invest in?

Thirdly could it be the back door route to the problematic second attacker? (Thinking more along the lines of high attacking midfielder)

Apologies if covered before!

Last edited:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
No
No
And
No

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
It is indeed a rumour.

We'll know for sure next month.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
1. Anything is possible and Brighton is convenient to his home.
2. He has earned his mega bucks so will not get a high wage unless he goes to China. He knows that and would accept it.
3. He could fill that role as required when SB gets tired but not for 90 mins too often.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
1. Stranger things have happened, although not many.
2. How do you know he doesn't really like peanuts.
3. Doubt he has the legs for that now.
4. Don't be silly, no trouble at all .

Whoislloydy

May 2, 2016
Vancouver, British Columbia
I ****ing hope not, i don't want the media shit storm that comes with it and IF we get promoted it'll all be about Lampard helping us do so. That's all the papers will talk about.

Remember a few years ago when Michael Owen odds slashed on us to sign him.. same situation. Bookies fire a few rumours, slash some odds and some idiots are gullible enough to place a bet.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Terrible idea, won't happen thankfully.

Whats the terrible idea the rumour that we are after Frank because that is out there!? The rest is just me postulating as to a possible reason for the link that's all.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Just a question if SB ran himself into the ground who would you sooner have to come on Manu
, an U23 striker or Lampard

you seriously think 38yo Lampard is a suitable replacment for Baldock, who you recognise has a high work rate?

if you're unclear, the answer is Manu or a U23 striker. if Lampard were to have a role, it would change the shape and dynamic of the team.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
I ****ing hope not, i don't want the media shit storm that comes with it and IF we get promoted it'll all be about Lampard helping us do so. That's all the papers will talk about.

Remember a few years ago when Michael Owen odds slashed on us to sign him.. same situation. Bookies fire a few rumours, slash some odds and some idiots are gullible enough to place a bet.

Rumour is that we are considering making him an offer if we go up.

Ron Manager

Oooh, wasn't it?
Sep 14, 2015
Lentil Alley
tumblr_nj6cg4I6Xh1trbh6do1_400.gif

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury

Couldn't care less what the papers say. If he were part of the squad that helped us get promoted, anything the papers had to say would be totally unimportant.

The only question is. "Is he still good enough to play a meaningful role for us?"

I don't know the answer to that but if CH and those responsible for recruitment think he is, why would you worry what the papers say?

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Sponsored by Age Concern?

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
I have it on good authority that Sir Bobby of Charlton has set his sights on a comeback. Could do a job? He can still walk unaided can't he?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here