Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Commercial sponsorship of football clubs

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
How much worse will the influence of commercial sponsorship get on football? Benfica walking off after warming up... :facepalm:

IMG_0574.JPG

Pray for Derby County.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
Advertising boards have always been at football. Today, the revenues from sponsorship and stadium naming are an important perifical income for clubs.

What happens if the sponsorship gets to be so big and important that the club cannot do without it?...Will they be able to influence the team....call the shots?

As Dylan once wrote " Money doesn't talk, it swears"

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Red Bull own and have branded a couple of teams

Red Bull Salzburg
NY Red Bulls

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Oh, it'll get A LOT 'worse' over time. As more money continues to flow around the football world, the more these big companies will want to be a part of it.

However, it might just be me, but I find this quite funny. I've long been a critic of what the Premier League has become – not just a business, but a licence for radio TV channels to talk utter bobbins about everything AROUND the actual football. However, since (on the advice of someone on here), I've closed myself off too all that BS, I quite enjoy watching the actual football, oblivious to all the hype and nonsense around it.

At the end of the day, football is STILL just a game, if you want it to be. All the other stuff around it? Meh – I can do without that and not let it bother me.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Hehe, well we've got a Starbucks and Greggs so we're on the way :)

Derby in the play off game. Everything was sponsored. Corner kick and up came the sign 'corner sponsored by....' throw in 'throw in sponsored by.....' it did get a bit embarrassing.

Loved the Cardiff game other week when (Pizza Hut?) delivered pizzas to a few winning fans at half time.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
While I'm grateful for your prayers, pourquoi?
Maybe if 3 of your players line up, they disappear to be replaced by players in different colour shirts. And if you want to get them back, you buy gold bars using your phone.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
The low for me was seeing the reverse electronic signage at Hull this season so it completely distracts you from the action on the pitch.

Crap like the Emirates check in desk and the stupid fan zone Sofa sky tried out last season you can just laugh at but constant unabated adverts all match? No thanks.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here