Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Post Office strikes

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
I'll be doing everything through Amazon or another courier. They really are like turkeys voting for Christmas.

BlockDpete

Oct 8, 2005
Its Post Office Counters, not Royal Mail. So deliveries or the mail won't be affected.

Two separate businesses since privatization.

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
Damn, there I was thinking I could post myself home in the time it takes a Southern train to run a Worthing-Brighton service.

Second-class of course, wouldn't want people to think I'm some kind of TOFF by travelling first-class.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Another bunch of unskilled workers putting themselves out of jobs. Maybe the conductors and posties can SWAP jobs for a bit

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
If its only the counters it is no great problem to most people as all they provide is available elsewhere.

We haven't got a single bank in Newhaven. They've closed the small sub post offices and now they want to close the main post office in town.
We're not a district of Brighton. We are a town and they want to close our post office.

Some places are going to have their post offices moved to shops like WH Smiths, but ours may be bought by a franchise, or it might not. Last Tuesday, I queued for 20 minutes to get stamps for overseas letters, so nobody can say it's not being used enough.
My pension goes straight into my bank account, but then I'm only 68, so amongst the younger pensioners.
Quite a few of the older ones still like to collect their pension from the post office, but according to you, they can go elsewhere.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
We haven't got a single bank in Newhaven. They've closed the small sub post offices and now they want to close the main post office in town.
We're not a district of Brighton. We are a town and they want to close our post office.

Some places are going to have their post offices moved to shops like WH Smiths, but ours may be bought by a franchise, or it might not. Last Tuesday, I queued for 20 minutes to get stamps for overseas letters, so nobody can say it's not being used enough.
My pension goes straight into my bank account, but then I'm only 68, so amongst the younger pensioners.
Quite a few of the older ones still like to collect their pension from the post office, but according to you, they can go elsewhere.

Yes, because we live in the f*ck you generation, first brought about by the likes of the earlier mentioned Saint Maggie...

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Except it is not the posties going on strike. It's the counter staff in Crown Post Offices (less than 3% of total branches).

Although it will be in the spring. :facepalm: :nono:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here