Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

2017/18 Season Ticket Question.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I'm pretty sure I won't be renewing our three season tickets in the Family Stand next year. This is mainly because the eldest U18 hopes to be off to University and the youngest U18 can take it or leave it (it's more about a day out with Dad & Brother for her than it's ever been about the football really).

I'm considering just getting a ST in the North for me instead. How possible do you think this will be?, especially if we were to find ourselves in a different league next season (apologies for tempting fate).

Is there a waiting list I'd have to join to go in a different stand?, or am I already given first dibs as an existing ST holder?

GolfingGull

Jul 21, 2013
Costa del Worthing
I'm pretty sure I won't be renewing our three season tickets in the Family Stand next year. This is mainly because the eldest U18 hopes to be off to University and the youngest U18 can take it or leave it (it's more about a day out with Dad & Brother for her than it's ever been about the football really).

I'm considering just getting a ST in the North for me instead. How possible do you think this will be?, especially if we were to find ourselves in a different league next season (apologies for tempting fate).

Is there a waiting list I'd have to join to go in a different stand?, or am I already given first dibs as an existing ST holder?

You get first dibs as an existing ST holder come renewal time in Feb/March. No probs getting a single seat in the North.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
You get first dibs as an existing ST holder come renewal time in Feb/March. No probs getting a single seat in the North.

That's reassuring, thanks.

That's what I thought with mine. She now drives 400 mile round trip to come to games.

Good on ya!. nice work :thumbsup:

Done all that with the older one, he's got a fair few grounds under his belt. He's always loved football, be it playing it or watching it.

Finances mean I won't be doing that again for a while though and this next one down really isn't into football at all. Beyond having a poster of Bruno up on her wall, she's never chosen to play the game, or watched any of it on tv for example. If asked who she supports, I've done my job I think, in that she'll always say she's an Albion supporter, but at this stage in her life she honestly isn't going to miss going to the football. Who knows if she'll come back to it in later life.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
especially if we were to find ourselves in a different league next season

I can't see the club selling out of season tickets for third division football, you should be ok.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I can't see the club selling out of season tickets for third division football, you should be ok.

There's more than just a small part of me that longs for guaranteed Saturday 3pm ko's again to be fair.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Can anyone else see this renewal date being brought forward a bit?
Presumably they'll do very similar to last year and try to maximise renewals while it looks like we could well be going up... can't remember the details but hopefully will be only a very small inflationary price increase regardless of division (i.e. a significant increase per match if PL but not per month either way).

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
They usually say you must renew by a deadline. There's then a period where they accept moves to a different area

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003

There is normally a very small window for moving seats though. Read through all the Season Ticket stuff when they release the info.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Presumably they'll do very similar to last year and try to maximise renewals while it looks like we could well be going up... can't remember the details but hopefully will be only a very small inflationary price increase regardless of division (i.e. a significant increase per match if PL but not per month either way).

They actually made what I considered to be an error of judgement last season by withdrawing season tickets from general sale before the season was up, so that they could increase the price for new season tickets (or late renewals) if we did go up. There was a cut-off date for the prices you talk about.

At the time to me it made little sense - it looked like there was a good possibility that we were going to go up and to me it would have made more sense to use that as an incentive to maximise new season ticket sales and keep season ticket sales open until the end of the season. Anyone who wanted to buy a season ticket after the cut-off point couldn't until we found out what division we were in - and once we did obviously being in the Championship makes it less likely that a person would buy one.

If we had kept season ticket sales open, if we didn't go up (obviously we didn't), then we would still have had the increased income and support in the stands the following season in the Championship. Yes, had we gone up we would have been able to make a few more quid on season ticket sales, but in the grand scheme of the Premier League riches it wouldn't have been wholly significant.

Of course in the end it may be the case that the club makes more money doing it the way they did because of how well we are doing this season and the per-match increase in ticket sales that follow from that (and which are more expensive than season tickets).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here