Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Klopp v the Neville brother

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
All a bit of nothing really.!shock horror one brother sticks up for another and Koop sticks up for his keeper.

larus

The keeper may have made mistakes, but as a man manager Klopp is in a different league to the Nevilles. He's supporting his keeper, which is the right thing to do.

I think it's too easy to jump on the "Wow, look at that mistake". We all do it, and especially towards refs. How many on here were slagging off Duffy after a couple of games, yet now he's the messiah.

Hey Gary, managing is not as easy as commentating is it? :)

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
The keeper may have made mistakes, but as a man manager Klopp is in a different league to the Nevilles. He's supporting his keeper, which is the right thing to do.

I think it's too easy to jump on the "Wow, look at that mistake". We all do it, and especially towards refs. How many on here were slagging off Duffy after a couple of games, yet now he's the messiah.

Hey Gary, managing is not as easy as commentating is it? :)
Totally changed my view of Gary neville since he gave up playing , I hated him as a player but he's a quality pundit , and a class act.as.a.bloke from what I saw in the programme about Salford city.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Bournemouth's Steve Cook came out with some vitriol after they beat Liverpool a week or so ago. Saying on a national radio station that Howe and the team singled out Karius as a weak link. Thought that was a cheap shot against a fellow professional and didn't need to be said in public.

All well and good a team like Bournemouth coming back and beating a so called giant of the game like Liverpool, but you have to try and show a bit of class in victory as well as defeat. If we manage to get promoted i would like to think we'll carry ourselves better in similar circumstances.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Phil Neville, he's the BBC law of average when it comes to punditry. Spewed out some right old sh*te last night. Summarise the game, that's all he needs to do.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Agree with Klopp on the whole. Can't stand any of the pundits to be honest. I never watch MOTD on a Saturday night, and if I can ever be bothered to watch on catch up I just watch the action and skip through all the talk.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
German manager supporting a german keeper. If they don't like the criticism from English pundits, they can always go home. I sure there is a queue of foreign managers and players just waiting to (not) set the premier league on fire.
Or
Herr calamity just might be following the path of De Gea and in a season or two could turn out to be quite a useful addition to an average Liverpool side

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I liked a caller to 606 on the current Liverpool side...

" It's like a fantasy football team where you've blown most of your budget on strikers and so have to make do with a rubbish defence".

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
German manager supporting a german keeper. If they don't like the criticism from English pundits, they can always go home. I sure there is a queue of foreign managers and players just waiting to (not) set the premier league on fire.
Or
Herr calamity just might be following the path of De Gea and in a season or two could turn out to be quite a useful addition to an average Liverpool side

De Gea had one weakness when he arrived in English football, dealing with crosses/high balls. He soon sorted that out. Critics were too infatuated by his early mistakes, and took far too long to recognise the obvious: he's in the top five goalkeepers in the world, and probably high in that list.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Or

Eh? Can't see the fact that both are German has anything to do with it....as a poster said Manager supporting own player from punditry attack ...is there really any more to it...or you were just joking and I've totally missed the point

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
De Gea had one weakness when he arrived in English football, dealing with crosses/high balls. He soon sorted that out. Critics were too infatuated by his early mistakes, and took far too long to recognise the obvious: he's in the top five goalkeepers in the world, and probably high in that list.
I rated De Gea very highly, especially with his age when he came over here. that's the problem with the no.1 position, you make a mistake and there are millions of people ready to raise the gallows.....especially in a high profile club

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Eh? Can't see the fact that both are German has anything to do with it....as a poster said Manager supporting own player from punditry attack ...is there really any more to it...or you were just joking

You're right. Xenophobia only seems to rear it's ugly head when football is concerned........I should have said foreign manager and player:)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here