Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Blog on Albion finances....

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Bit of a mammoth read but very interesting.

Astonishingly disproportionate, clubs without owners willing to absorb continued losses will have to rely on a miracle to get out the championshp in the years to come.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
The Albion are the Rambler's second team and he used to be a regular at the Top Rank 'back in the day'.

Always a great read.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Excellent article. Tony Bloom's investment stands at just over a quarter of a billion pounds. Wow!

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
but, but, I still want free tea and coffee in the 1901 , boo hoo!

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
I think what it does suggest is the following;

1. If we don't go up this season, it may be 2/3 years before we make another concerted effort. With those figures I think TB would be obliged to sell players in the summer if we were still in the championship.

2. That if the 'right' player comes along in Jan he will spend the money. If you look at the numbers you almost have to do it IMO

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Have we really spent £2 million on the hotel? How?

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Excellent article. Tony Bloom's investment stands at just over a quarter of a billion pounds. Wow!

Chairmen like Tony Bloom come along once in a lifetime for a club and what he has done is absolutely phenomenal and he deserves every bit of credit he receives for what he has done for Brighton. BUT so does everyone on here because in terms of percentage of their net wealth I am sure all you lot on here put in just as much in a proportionate measure.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

1. If we don't go up this season, it may be 2/3 years before we make another concerted effort. With those figures I think TB would be obliged to sell players in the summer if we were still in the championship.

2. That if the 'right' player comes along in Jan he will spend the money. If you look at the numbers you almost have to do it IMO
Dunk for 15 million and Stephens 'on a free'.

I don't think many more sales would happen to be fair.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
Chairmen like Tony Bloom come along once in a lifetime

Love your sentiment and agree entirely, although I would go so far as to say that chairmen like this are much, much, rarer than once in a lifetime. How many clubs have a true, lifelong fan bankrolling them to such an extent - building the stadium, building a future with the academy, being patient and waiting for success rather than lunging at it with the risks that entails. He has been, and continues to be the absolute best of owners.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
[MENTION=31]El Presidente[/MENTION] Does the fact that Tony is starting to convert his debt to equity suggest to you he may sell part of the club (especially if we are promoted)? One couldn't blame him, and it may provide an extra injection of funds?

PG

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016

I think there was a discussion about this at the end of last season, I actually see this as our last realistic chance unless something significant changes with the payments structure. The three clubs coming down are going to be far wealthier than previous seasons, as this impending round of relegated teams will have at least £100m from the league and the increased parachute payments to rely upon. It's likely they'll need a lot of work and some significant work in the transfer window, but you've got to assume those clubs are going to be right up there.

Yes, yes, Norwich and Villa haven't stormed it, so there is always hope, but the odds are going to be even more stacked than before.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
[MENTION=31]El Presidente[/MENTION] Does the fact that Tony is starting to convert his debt to equity suggest to you he may sell part of the club (especially if we are promoted)? One couldn't blame him, and it may provide an extra injection of funds?
PG

Well some portion of the money he provides has to be converted to equity under the FFP rules, so it's likely to comply with that.

D

Deleted member 2719

It's all about brackets and there is way too many of them for my liking.

Is the AMEX ultimately going to cost us???

This year is so so crucial to go up, if we didn't already know that.

I trust in Tony but has he got a contingency plan???

cooliobhafc

Mar 15, 2012
Brighton
Wow, just wow,

We are unbelievably lucky to have in Tony an incredible supporter and Chairman, what he has done for this club can never be undervalued.

It does look like this has to our year, or we will be forced to sell, restock and go again in a few years time but its unblievable being in this position of strength, when you think back to what has happened since 83.

If we make it and I truly believe that we can, then we should erect the largest statue of our Chairman outside the ground for all to see and I will be one of the first people to put money in the tin for its creation.

COYS

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here