Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Team V Blackburn

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
A couple of changes possibly from the Leeds game. Murphy must be a doubt with his groin injury/tightness, Sidwell or Norwood, also will we see the return of Bong? Anyway here is my guess:

Stockdale

Bruno-Duffy-Dunk-Bong

Knockaert-Stephens-Sidwell-Skalak

Murray-Baldock​

Subs: Maenpaa, Goldson, Pocognoli, Norwood, Hemed, March, Towell.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
A couple of changes possibly from the Leeds game. Murphy must be a doubt with his groin injury/tightness, Sidwell or Norwood, also will we see the return of Bong? Anyway here is my guess:

Stockdale

Bruno-Duffy-Dunk-Bong

Knockaert-Stephens-Sidwell-Skalak

Murray-Baldock​

Subs: Maenpaa, Goldson, Pocognoli, Norwood, Hemed, March, Towell.

I suspect you're right, although Murphy will probably on the bench instead of Towell.
I also think that Pocognoli deserves to keep his place, but he probably needs to be eased in, and three games in eight days will be too much. So we may well see Pocognoli, Murphy and maybe Norwood back in the starting eleven against Birmingham.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would start with a defensive formation with attack from the bench so:

Stockdale
Bruno...Duffy...Dunk....Pocognoli
Norwood....Stephens...Sidwell...Skalak
Baldock....Murray​

Bench: Maenpaa, Bong, Goldson, Knockheart.March, Hemed. Murphy if fit or Towell

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Murphy has been passed fit, although I suspect we will make a few changes for this one to freshen things up.

Stockdale

Bruno
Bong
Duffy
Dunk

Sidwell
Norwood
Knockaert
Skalak

Hemed
Baldock

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Murphy has been passed fit, although I suspect we will make a few changes for this one to freshen things up.

Stockdale

Bruno
Bong
Duffy
Dunk

Sidwell
Norwood
Knockaert
Skalak

Hemed
Baldock

Good team. Agree that Murray needs a rest with his away form, Birmingham on Saturday & Hemed looking good.

Whitley Bayster

Jul 4, 2011
Whitley Bay Tyne and Wear
I would like to see Hemed given a start. He looks hungry and I think he'll be better striker this year for having had a season in the Championship. He's been unlucky not to get much game time but when he has made an appearance he's done well and still chipped in with a couple of goals. Its hard to oust Murray in Baldock in their current form but with so many games in quick succession it maybe wise to rotate one or two key positions just to keep players fresh.

Jimmehh

Mar 21, 2016
Sussex by the Sea
I'm hoping for the below - unfortunately although Murray is great, Hemed is a much better option away from home, and Murray can come on later hopefully!

Stockers

Bruno
Poco
Duffy
Dunk

Sidwell
Stephens
Knockaert
Skalak

Hemed
Baldock

Please??

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Whilst Murray and Baldock is obviously our best strike partnership, I think Hemed might be worth a start tomorrow. He seems the sort of player who will absolutely bust a nut to impress the manager. I also think away from home we may need to rely on set pieces a bit more to get a goal, so Skalak in for Murphy please.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Pocognoli deserves to start IMO. Didn't put a foot wrong v Leeds.
He played really well, but it's a quick turn around for a player who hasn't had many games recently. He looked shattered in the latter stages of the Leeds game.

Either are good though.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
.........................Stockers
Bruno .........Dunk.........Duffy...........Poco
Knockaert...Stephens..Norwood.....Skalak
................................Baldock
......................Hemed

Subs: Maenpaa, Goldson, Sidwell, Murphy (if fit - if not, Towell), Bong, Murray, March.

Last edited:

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
Blackburn is a place we need to get a result at. Hopefully an unchanged back line will help the cause :O

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Blackburn is a place we need to get a result at. Hopefully an unchanged back line will help the cause :O
Definitely should be beating teams like Blackburn...

I'm sure that's what Newcastle , Huddersfield and Brentford all thought recently too.

Aim for a win but a draw would definitely be a good enough result.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Pocognoli should keep his position. Murray for first half only then Hemed on. Sidwel in for Murphy so that attack is pressed by Norwood in CM whilst Sidwell does the holding role. Depending on circumstances March then for AK or Norwood early second half.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here