Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

No Southern Trains Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday

oddsonlaughter

Jan 24, 2008
I know we have the strike thread already but probably worth empthasising that there are no trains at all tomorrow, Wednesday or Friday this week

A lot in my work have been caught out and are hastily rearranging meetings etc as they thought it was the same reduced service that has been on strike days previously

Luckily I can work from home but feel so sorry for those that cannot

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
There are Sweet FA trains this morning as well !!

oddsonlaughter

Jan 24, 2008
There are Sweet FA trains this morning as well !!

Yeah just looked and next 2 direct trains from Polegate to Falmer cancelled so not sure whether it is worth my trying or if I will just end up stuck at Lewes for hours!

I really believe at the very least they should not be allowed to have peak/ off peak services while it is such a mess to allow people at least the chance to get in on time

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Yeah just looked and next 2 direct trains from Polegate to Falmer cancelled so not sure whether it is worth my trying or if I will just end up stuck at Lewes for hours!

I really believe at the very least they should not be allowed to have peak/ off peak services while it is such a mess to allow people at least the chance to get in on time

Blame the unions on this one. This is SOLELY at their door.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton

I do , but also blame Southern . They have deliberately rescheduled the peak trains . ie cancelling them so that they cause maximum distruption and hoping union take all the flak

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

It's gone way beyond that.

Southern Failway need to replace their dispute resolution team ( I assume they have one ) with 'Can-do' negotiators that deliver a deal. And if they can't, keep employing even better consultant negotiators until a solution is reached.

They are tasked with providing a usable railway service to Sussex. They have failed.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
It takes some doing by Southern in order to get virtually ALL their staff to take strike action at some time this year. Ticket office staff, Conductors and now even the drivers! Will watch with interest when the ticket prices go up yet another 3%.,..,

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
If the drivers and guards don`t want their jobs....let them go and employ people who do.

22 Oct 2016 - Virgin trains said there were almost 200 applications for every vacancy following the biggest recruitment campaign on the East Coast route ...

At circa £50k for drivers I`m not surprised there were as many applications..

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
It's gone way beyond that.

Southern Failway need to replace their dispute resolution team ( I assume they have one ) with 'Can-do' negotiators that deliver a deal. And if they can't, keep employing even better consultant negotiators until a solution is reached.

They are tasked with providing a usable railway service to Sussex. They have failed.

Totally agree. They have turned this into an arm-wrestling competition with the unions who have - rightly or wrongly - proved to be utterly ruthless and are losing badly. Sometimes you just have to go back to the negotiating table and get a deal. Humble pie should be on their Xmas menu. This cannot - should not - be allowed to continue.

oddsonlaughter

Jan 24, 2008
Seen a few on Twitter say there have been heated arguments, pushing matches, someone getting leg caught in door and pregnant lady fainting due to overcrowding this morning

It cannot continue like this

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Seen a few on Twitter say there have been heated arguments, pushing matches, someone getting leg caught in door and pregnant lady fainting due to overcrowding this morning

It cannot continue like this

ITS ALL BEING DONE FOR OUR SAFETY! Lets not forget that!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
anyone found out why ASLEF have gone on strike over this DOO rollout, but not all the previous ones?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
If the drivers and guards don`t want their jobs....let them go and employ people who do.

22 Oct 2016 - Virgin trains said there were almost 200 applications for every vacancy following the biggest recruitment campaign on the East Coast route ...

At circa £50k for drivers I`m not surprised there were as many applications..
I was looking at jobs last month and according to one site I looked at there had been hundreds of applications for each of Store Assistant, Assistant Manager and Store Manager for a new branch of Lidl. Welcome to the world by the way.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here