Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Next season in the Championship.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Would take an awful bollock up for us not to be promoted this season
I disagree. There's a long way to go and a lot of points to be won and lost between now and the end of the season. Plus 6 pointers against our rivals. Anything can happen.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
I disagree. There's a long way to go and a lot of points to be won and lost between now and the end of the season. Plus 6 pointers against our rivals. Anything can happen.

Quite. We're not even at the halfway stage yet.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
A few palace trolls would be thankful their great fear didn't happen.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Consider ourselves unjinxed.

So who would we lose?
Who would we replace them with?
CH poached?

It would be the tipping point for our club.
One season too many in the Championship, trying to compete with those with greater resources. CH would make a dignified exit, having taken the club as far as he could. Pastures new for Dunk, Stephens, Kayal and possibly Knocky and March. Those also disappearing would include Bruno, Sidwell and KLL. Trollope would get the managerial role and our days of competing at the top end of the Championship would come to an end.
Many people said that last season was our best chance of going up. They were wrong. This season is clearly our best chance and maybe our last for quite a while.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
One season too many in the Championship, trying to compete with those with greater resources. CH would make a dignified exit, having taken the club as far as he could. Pastures new for Dunk, Stephens, Kayal and possibly Knocky and March. Those also disappearing would include Bruno, Sidwell and KLL. Trollope would get the managerial role and our days of competing at the top end of the Championship would come to an end.
Many people said that last season was our best chance of going up. They were wrong. This season is clearly our best chance and maybe our last for quite a while.

I tend to agree. Although Tony has very deep pockets this current season represents a massive and I'd say one off investment (we'll see in January) which although fine under the new FFP rules, if unsuccesful would require an adjustment over the subsequent 2 seasons to work.

This IS our chance. If we don't take it we're in trouble

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

Yep, this scenario is still the most likely for each individual club, even Newcastle. Like everyone else we will give it our best and if we miss out it really isn't the end of the world.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

Can I put you in the 'glass half full' category of Albion fan?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Moan and Groan.

Doom and Gloom.

Tony has only just given his ongoing commitment to see us in the top league.

We'll dust ourselves down and have another go next year if we need to.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth

Although I agree to a certain extent with you regarding the coming and goings of players and maybe Chris you are basically saying that Tony and the board will give up next season.
Quite a few clubs have got close and not made it over the years.
I agree this seems to be our best chance but there is too far to go yet.
Maybe 1 or 2 additions in January and no serious injuries and I think we should do it, but I don't think Tony would give up and be happy for us to be mid table fodder, he wants his money back for starters and he does not strike me as a person that gives up very easily.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here