Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton, A question of Halves?

NorthStandSteward

Jan 14, 2014
The Leeds match was the first time in my memory I've seen the away side kicking towards their own fans in the first half. How is it that Brighton almost always kick towards the North Stand in the second half? I'm assuming the toss of a coin has long since been abandoned.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
It has happened a fair few times at the Amex. And they still toss a coin to decide. Good post though.

NorthStandSteward

Jan 14, 2014
How is that possible? At least 90% of the games I have seen, probably around 70/80, have Brighton attacking the North stand in the second half.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
It has happened many times at the Amex. And they still toss a coin to decide. Good post though.
Actually I've been to practically all of our home games and it certainly hasn't happened many times - possibly as few as three or four. However the full thread on this subject is very enlightening.

May 27, 2014
Littlehampton
It is seen as sporting to let teams attack their fans in the second half an reciprocate at the away game. It's mentioned in a Secret Footballer book.

With Leeds fans are at the side so no real advantage.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
It is seen as sporting to let teams attack their fans in the second half an reciprocate at the away game. It's mentioned in a Secret Footballer book.

One way of telling the smart managers from the also-rans. Most managers visiting the Amex don't appear to give a toss (either that or don't win the toss). They just let us peel off towards the North for the first half. Fair play to Garry Monk if he tried to f*ck us up by going against the easily accepted order of things. Top bloke. IMHO, like.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Actually I've been to practically all of our home games and it certainly hasn't happened many times - possibly as few as three or four. However the full thread on this subject is very enlightening.
I did edit to a few.

WASH

Jul 6, 2003
Rustington
The Leeds game was only the 11th time out of the 143 games we have played at The Amex that we've attacked the North Stand in the 1st half. For the record we've won 6, drawn 4 and lost 1 and Leeds, Burnley and Millwall have 'turned us around' twice from the norm. The Caravan Crew up the road, Huddersfield, Reading, Doncaster and Preston have done the same on one occasion.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
The Leeds game was only the 11th time out of the 143 games we have played at The Amex that we've attacked the North Stand in the 1st half. For the record we've won 6, drawn 4 and lost 1 and Leeds, Burnley and Millwall have 'turned us around' twice from the norm. The Caravan Crew up the road, Huddersfield, Reading, Doncaster and Preston have done the same on one occasion.

If those stats are accurate, and I have no reason to believe they are not, then it puts pay to my theory that we are shit and always lose when attacking the North in the first half. So our only defeat when going that was the first time we'd been changed around.

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
I seem to remember that the only time we have lost is against Palarse when they were the first team to win at the Amex. Horrible. horrible memory.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here