Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Power drill Christmas present advice needed.

half time scores

Mar 19, 2012
Lounging-on-the-chintz
I am hoping that one of you lovely people on here would be so kind as to help me with a question regarding power drills that I have been thus far unable to find anyone who knows the answer.

Our first Christmas together, my then partener and myself exchanged presents on Christmas morning. She gave me a very nice Bosch drill which had features such as a keyless chuck, hammer function. and variable speed settings complete with its own case and to my obvious delight a set of drill bits for wood, metal and masionary which I may ad were tipped with tungsten cabide. I then revealed my present to her which coincidentaly was also manufactured by Bosch, it was a top of the range all singing all dancing steam iron with many settings, its own stand and to complete the package a very sturdily built (steel) ironing board which had various height settings and a special heat reflecting surface.
A while later (I cannot be sure how long I was out for), I regained conciousness to find the ironing board lying beside me whith a indentation that afterwards I discovered was a remarkably similar to the shape of my head, and a triangular shaped dent in the side of my head. I asked what was wrong and appanrently it turned out that that an iron and ironing board are and I quote "not romantic". I subsiquently discovered how strongly she felt about this as there was no playing 'hide the sausage' for a considerable period.
So my question is-

What is it about a power drill that makes it so bloody romantic?

It is most important that I find the answer to this as I am thinking of buying one for a friend and I don't want him to get any ideas.

I hope someone can help, if you do not know maybe ask your other halves?
Thank you in advance.

Last edited:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
anigif_original-grid-image-15230-1374672114-33.gif

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I am hoping that one of you lovely people on here would be so kind as to help me with a question regarding power drills that I have been thus far unable to find anyone who knows the answer.

Our first Christmas together, my then partener and myself exchanged presents on Christmas morning. She gave me a very nice Bosch drill which had features such as a keyless chuck, hammer function. and variable speed settings complete with its own case and to my obvious delight a set of drill bits for wood, metal and masionary which I may ad were tipped with tungsten cabide. I then revealed my present to her which coincidentaly was also manufactured by Bosch, it was a top of the range all singing all dancing steam iron with many settings, its own stand and to complete the package a very sturdily built (steel) ironing board which had various height settings and a special heat reflecting surface.
A while later (I cannot be sure how long I was out for), I regained conciousness to find the ironing board lying beside me whith a indentation that afterwards I discovered was a remarkably similar to the shape of my head, and a triangular shaped dent in the side of my head. I asked what was wrong and appanrently it turned out that that an iron and ironing board are and I quote "not romantic". I subsiquently discovered how strongly she felt about this as there was no playing 'hide the sausage' for a considerable period.
So my question is-

What is it about a power drill that makes it so bloody romantic?

It is most important that I find the answer to this as I am thinking of buying one for a friend and I don't want him to get any ideas.

I hope someone can help, if you do not know maybe ask your other halves?
Thank you in advance.

I guess a power drill is a macho thing in some quarters.
But on the subject of an ironing board as a Christmas present, reminded me of my EX brother in law, who bought one for his then wife.
No need to say anything else :D

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here