Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Scott Hogan

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
He would be the perfect purchase but with TB's history with Brentford's chairman it aint gonna happen

Next

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
If he can put 2 past us has something about him............how did we loose that game

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Was thinking this again last night as I watched the highlights (and after he tore us a new one at the Amex). Mobile, quick, good finisher. He's EXACTLY what we need to bolster our options up front.

Brentford wouldn't sell cheap though, especially not to us given the history between the chairmen. We'd have to stump up getting on for £10m easy, with some hefty clauses.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
If Nahki Wells is valued at £8m I would think Brentford would want nearer £10m for him or even more,so it is a no for me as I am sure there are better options in Eastern Europe Spain or Ital giving the same ability but cheaper. There is also history between both chairmen so he wouldnt be cheap and not represent VFM.

A cheaper option would be David Nugent who when at Leicester had AK provide most of his goals so there is history there.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
If Nahki Wells is valued at £8m I would think Brentford would want nearer £10m for him so it is a no for me as I am sure there are better options in Eastern Europe Spain or Ital giving the same ability but cheaper.

But its always more of a gamble bringing someone in from overseas, whether they can adapt to the change and the hurly-burly of this division. You might well end up with a right old Colunga. Hogan has already proved he can score goals in this league, and in a fairly mediocre team (yes I'm aware they turned us over on the day, but the table now would bear that out). The service he'd get from our mob would be absolutely fearsome.

I can't see us coming up with the £10m-odd it would take, but IMO he is exactly what we need this season to get us over the line. So in that respect it would certainly be a worthwhile investment. Not my money though is it.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
It was early in the Duffy/Dunk partnership. Since that game, we've conceded 5 in 14 games. What an amazing defence!

That's true,the partnership is stronger.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Scoring again, stats very good over this and last season.

Jan purchase?

He would be the perfect purchase but with TB's history with Brentford's chairman it aint gonna happen

Next

Was thinking this again last night as I watched the highlights (and after he tore us a new one at the Amex). Mobile, quick, good finisher. He's EXACTLY what we need to bolster our options up front.

Brentford wouldn't sell cheap though, especially not to us given the history between the chairmen. We'd have to stump up getting on for £10m easy, with some hefty clauses.

Why not Scott Hogan, we must seem a better choice of where Brentford are at the moment.
Given the alleged hostility between TB and Matthew Benham, it would be just a business deal.
Obviously if we want him, then it won't be made easy.
I remember QPR buying players off Brentford a while back, given their rivalry, wouldn't be too hard.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Come January, if we are still comfortably in the automatic places, then I think it's worth a 10m purchase. He would undoubtably help us over the line. Then we wouldn't need to spend as much to get him or a similar player in the summer. He would cost at least 50% more if we were buying as a premier league club.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
£10m for a player who's missed pretty much all of the last two seasons through injury? No thanks. Brilliant goal-scoring record but can't see Bloom taking a gamble like that.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Is Hogan the new Vydra?

Scores a couple against us and then will forever more be linked as a potential signing.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Is Hogan the new Vydra?

Scores a couple against us and then will forever more be linked as a potential signing.

Yup. That'll be the case no doubt.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Not a chance, I'm afraid. Was speaking to a Brentford supporting friend who had been to one of their Fan Forums recently. They are looking to run a fairly tight financial ship until the new ground is up and running. As such, their objective is largely to ensure that they are in the championship when they relocate and then consider further spending in order to kick on (sound familiar?). They are realistic enough to know that they will have to cash in on their assets but they will look to make every last penny on sales. We'd get no change out of £10 million and there are bound to be other clubs with deeper pockets than ours interested. There was apparently a suggestion already that two Premier League teams are considering offers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here