Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anybody still worried?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Do we have a problem at the front end of the team,as a team do we contribute enough throughout,without Baldock's important point winning goals and Murray's overall contribution as an ever present and top scorer.

Doe others contribute enough goals,am i getting nervous about things or will will start scoring for fun after March again.

Has the significant improvement at the back,slightly masked the imbalance at the forward end.

All questions,no right or wrongs here....discuss.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
My fears of relegation are beginning to ease, a little.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Do we have a problem at the front end of the team,as a team do we contribute enough throughout,without Baldock's important point winning goals and Murray's overall contribution as an ever present and top scorer.

Doe others contribute enough goals,am i getting nervous about things or will will start scoring for fun after March again.

Has the significant improvement at the back,slightly masked the imbalance at the forward end.

Bambi in the headlights

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
I think TB will invest in another striker in January. Seems to be the only area where we could be seen as lacking depth. will cost a lot but maybe a loan would do.

Apart form that we are solid everywhere.

TNBA

TTF

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I guess it's rarely going to happen all at once for a sustained period. You probably won't at Murray scoring 10 in 10 at the same time Stephens bags 3 in 10 and say Knocky 5 in 10. Often because goals change games, and once we have one or two we'll often see the game out without pushing too hard for a 3rd. I'm happy for it to go in patterns, as it seems to have this season.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Stop pissing your pants then.

Take the five we scored away from the Norwich game and we are average goalscorers at best...

But is the correct answer.....thread closed? :lolol:

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Middlesbrough didn't score a lot last season but went up due to their brilliant defence. I think we will invest in a striker in January as we won't want to miss out on top two but we're doing fine at the moment as it is.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

We've got a good squad with strength / depth mostly throughout, with exceptions to up front.
I'm sure that (yoda forbid), if anything happened to any of our strikers, CH will have for seen this and hopefully will purchase a striker in the coming window.
Put it this way, if Dwight Gayle broke down, then I guess Newcastle are bolloxed.
Then Wonga may have to give them a 2000% loan for some pie eater up front.
We'll be fine I'm sure, we just have to start scoring goals from other departments of the team, share the wealth.punk:

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
We've got a good squad with strength / depth mostly throughout, with exceptions to up front.
I'm sure that (yoda forbid), if anything happened to any of our strikers, CH will have for seen this and hopefully will purchase a striker in the coming window.
Put it this way, if Dwight Gayle broke down, then I guess Newcastle are bolloxed.
We'll be fine I'm sure, we just have to start scoring goals from other departments of the team, share the wealth.punk:

To be fair, Newcastle have Mitrovic. I think they'd be okay.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
To be fair, Newcastle have Mitrovic. I think they'd be okay.

It was a more tongue in cheek comment at the team from the north, seeing that 'everyone' seems to think that Newcastle's automatic promotion, is a foregone conclusion.
This is the Championship, where as you know ANYTHING can happen.
I do think that they'll have a blip sooner rather than later. :thumbsup:

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I admit this is a bit of bedwetting by the OP....:)

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
It was a more tongue in cheek comment at the team from the north, seeing that 'everyone' seems to think that Newcastle's automatic promotion, is a foregone conclusion.
This is the Championship, where as you know ANYTHING can happen.
I do think that they'll have a blip sooner rather than later. :thumbsup:

I worry that their blip was the last couple of games and they are back on it after yesterday. If they are going to have one, I think it will be January when they lose a couple of players to the African Nations Cup and could lose Shelvey too if he's found guilty.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I worry that their blip was the last couple of games and they are back on it after yesterday. If they are going to have one, I think it will be January when they lose a couple of players to the African Nations Cup and could lose Shelvey too if he's found guilty.

Fingers crossed :O

Normski1989

Apr 15, 2015
Hove
Only need to score one more than you concede to take all three points. Seeing as we have a solid defence, we don't need to score a flurry of goals. Controlling the game and scoring one or two is just fine.

Scoring for fun hasn't exactly done Palace many favours recently.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes

Totally agree. We look like we can score from anywhere at the moment. Spreading the wealth around nicely and keeping teams on their toes. I would prefer to see a strong mid-fielder come into the side. Keep it up Albion.
:albion2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here