Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Devices in the Leeds Team Vests

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Lots of them now wear them to monitor heart rate etc.

Our players all wore them in pre season. Not sure if any wear during a game now but pretty sure I've seen it several times.

Also stops the moobs chafing.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
It gives the analyst all the figures of how far they have run, where they run etc.

Yep, GPS devices basically.

New League rules mean that all players will have to be micro chipped for data purposes, starting from the 2018 season.

I think the delay until 2018 is to give vets time to pass the relevant courses to allow them to carry out this simple procedure. The good news for all dog owning players is...partner vets have signed up to 2 for 1 offers on this as part of the sponsorship deal, apparently.

el punal

Last night I noticed twice that the Leeds players has some sort of device in the back of their black vests under their shirts. No idea what they are or what they do, does anyone know?

They're miniature radios, usually used for translation purposes in international conferences. I've been told it's so the players can understand what the Leeds fans are singing, as no-one else in the ground could work out what they were chuntering on about.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
They are Cellinos player control devices, he sits in his converted extinct volcano base, like a Bond villain, and, like a space age Subutteo game, controls all the movements of his players.
He has tried to do this with managers, but, it's proving more difficult, hence the need to go through so many in a short space of time.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
We were using these in training sessions even in Withdean era. Nothing new.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Last night I noticed twice that the Leeds players has some sort of device in the back of their black vests under their shirts. No idea what they are or what they do, does anyone know?

Sodexo.

Aveacarlin'

Jul 5, 2011
Does anyone have a good recipe for black pudding?
YIELD: Makes about 3 pounds

INGREDIENTS

4 cups fresh pig's blood
2 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 1/2 cups steel-cut (pinhead) oatmeal
2 cups finely diced pork fat (or beef suet), finely chopped
1 large yellow onion, finely chopped
1 cup milk
1 1/2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
1 teaspoon ground allspice

PREPARATION

1. Preheat the oven to 325°F and grease two glass loaf pans. (If you don't have glass loaf pans, line metal loaf pans with parchment to keep the blood sausage from reacting with the metal and creating an off-flavor.) Stir 1 teaspoon of salt into the blood.

2. Bring 2 1/2 cups water to a boil and stir in the oats. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes, until just tender, not mushy.

3. Pour the blood through a fine sieve into a large bowl to remove any lumps. Stir in the fat, onion, milk, pepper, allspice and remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons salt. Add the oatmeal and mix to combine. Divide the mixture between the loaf pans, cover with foil, and bake for 1 hour, until firm. Cool completely. Seal in plastic wrap and wither freeze for extended use or store in the refrigerator for up to a week.

4. To serve, cut a slice about 1/2-inch thick off the loaf. Fry in butter or oil until the edges are slightly crisped and browned.

5. Enjoy!!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Bras

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here