Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Did anyone see who won the toss last night?

Dolph Ins

May 26, 2014
Mid Sussex
I just assumed Leeds had and that they were trying to disturb our rhythm. But mate suggested that maybe because of our normal slow start we had decided to kick towards the North Stand first. Sounds unlikely?

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS

Dolph Ins

May 26, 2014
Mid Sussex

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
I wonder why more teams havnt done this before?

origigull

Jun 29, 2009

I'm sure Palarse did this when they beat us in our first loss at the Amex. We kicked towards the NS in the 1st half whcih must have disrupted our rhythem.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
Odd as you'd expect them to want to attack a large away following second half

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Could be that, because of our recent history of slow starts, they were trying to get an early lead. If so then kicking toward their own fans would have helped.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013

Yes, I was surprised at that. Obviously it is a sign of respect that they were prepared to use any ruse to put us off our stride, and so why haven't others? In fact so rarely has it happened, I thought it was an unwritten rule that the home team gets to attack the end where their most vociferous fans stand/sit, in the second half.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
I actually thought this was a bit of an own goal and said it at the time.

Firstly we have started a lot of game games slowly this season and therefore I think attacking the North Stand actually gave us a bit of a boost.

Equally whenever there has been a decent loud away support we have struggled in the second half to defend that goal. Again that could have been useful for them but instead they gave that away.

Last edited:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Is the correct answer.

From the laws of the game:

the team that wins the toss of a coin decides which goal it will attack in the first half

http://www.thefa.com/football-rules...start-and-restart-of-play#ScigRLjdlQLVlu4J.99

It's not like it used to be - i.e. win the toss and get kick off. NOW if you win the toss, you choose ends, meaning the loser of the toss kicks off.

I have never known it any different toss winner chooses end loser kicks off, when did it ever change.

Lush

Mods' Pet
Bit of gamesmanship, like sticking poles in their half of the pitch before the warmup. What the hell was that all about?

IMG_2630.jpg

Reminded me of the Eddie Izzard 'Have you got a flag?' sketch.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here