Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bong or Pocognoli?

Virgo's Haircut

Resident Train Guru
Jul 5, 2003
On a train...
I thought Seb had a pretty good game last night, worked hard all game, and had a good understanding with Murphy.

So, who against Blackburn? Does Bong deserve his place back?

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Pocognoli took his chance well and deserves to keep the shirt in my view.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Pocognoli has to keep it all the time he puts in a performance like last night. The second his standards drop (hopefully not) Bong should be back in. Great to have really strong competition for this berth.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Be harsh to drop him after that performance. Knowing Bong is breathing down his neck for the shirt will hopefully inspire him carry on at the same level. First time I've seen him play and I have to say it was a very accomplished display against someone who potentially could have caused us problems down that side.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
There is no need for this thread. BensGrandad decides who plays left back and no one else. He has the final say on all left back issues

HCxUK

Apr 18, 2014
CH said Poco had 'taken his chance' in his post match interview so take from that what you will. I'd be surprised if he didn't start against Blackburn.

Virgo's Haircut

Resident Train Guru
Jul 5, 2003
On a train...
I have to agree with the majority of the posters. Can't drop Poco after playing so well. Bong will have to earn his place back I think.

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Pocognoli for me if last nights display is anything to go by. Bong has been a crackling LB going forwards but I am always nervous when he is up against a pacey winger.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I think CH will bring Bong back in.... not saying it's right but think he will and would understand why

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I think CH will bring Bong back in.... not saying it's right but think he will and would understand why

I suspect you may be right, Chris does seem to opt for the tried and tested player in situations like this.

Shame in a way because Pocognoli did perform well last night, and can get forward well, as well as defend. Having come here on a loan deal until the end of the season, I'm sure he would have expected to have started many more games than he has done.

I would even go as far as to say, that if we do reach the promised land come the end of the season, he is one I might potentially look to signing full time. He certainly has the experience to perform in the Premier League.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
On form, Bong should have been left out a few weeks ago. It took a suspension to force the change and the difference in class was clear. Bong is a decent left back, but Pocognoli is a top class fullback.

It's a bit like when we signed Bruno to replace Calderon, the guy we already had was good and solid but we were able to find someone better, so we did. And he made the team better, as Pocognoli did last night with his overlapping runs and he ACTUALLY created space for Murphy on that side.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here