Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The ability to win ugly.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
One big difference from last season, and a massive one from the Gus years I think, is our ability to win games 'ugly'.

For years now Brighton have been known as a good footballing side, but we suffered when teams got in our faces and made it difficult for us to pass the ball.

That all seems to be changing though, take the recent Fulham win for example, we turned around a half time deficit, by doing to teams what they try to do to us, putting in strong tackles, defenders throwing themselves in front of the ball to block shots, and generally intimidating the opposition,

All in the nicest possible way of course, but it really is so good to see. Long may it continue.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Yes and they do it without being unsporting. Such as helping players up after kicking them to the ground or chatting to them as they leave the field at half time. This fight has a lot to do with all working as a team as well.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
One big difference from last season, and a massive one from the Gus years I think, is our ability to win games 'ugly'.

For years now Brighton have been known as a good footballing side, but we suffered when teams got in our faces and made it difficult for us to pass the ball.

That all seems to be changing though, take the recent Fulham win for example, we turned around a half time deficit, by doing to teams what they try to do to us, putting in strong tackles, defenders throwing themselves in front of the ball to block shots, and generally intimidating the opposition,

All in the nicest possible way of course, but it really is so good to see. Long may it continue.

I agree we have a certain mettle about us now, we don't go down like dying soldiers quite as much as the Gus era either. But, because this post is on the back of our latest win, I will say we won gracefully last night, no ugliness about it, and I understand you are not singling out last night.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here